edens elite gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Ban me if you like ,I just don’t understand how IceMan is being protected here , he’s been caught out selling items , he 100% wouldn’t have said a word if I hadn’t re sold the items to someone , anyone with a brain can see that.

But sure , continue to sweep it the rug , enough people have hopefully realised he can’t be trusted.

edit ; I will now make a point of digging up the Skype conversations which show how he sold over £200 worth of items and books to me on his last version of the server. I’ll post them on a new account if I have to

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hey Pete, im having real trouble connecting to this server =/ I've downloaded both clients but cant connect on client or old client? whats ip plz? ;D

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Hey Pete, im having real trouble connecting to this server =/ I've downloaded both clients but cant connect on client or old client? whats ip plz? ;D

game.edens-elite.co.uk

If you continue to have problems rename Client.exe to ClientOld.exe (or what ever you want) and then run it, once patching has finished close the patcher (it'll be wrong client version other wise) and run the new Client.exe which should have downloaded with the patcher.

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Firstly iceman told us about this a couple of days ago in the private boards, why would he do that if he was trying to cover it up?

If he knew it was going to come out it would of been in his best interest to salvage what he could & confess before it did. Not saying thats what has happened... just another viewpoint.

I'd personally been told he'd been doing it before & advised off the server in question, suppose when you do get usercounts of 10-20ish its bound to happen. I do respect Ice for his advice/help on here though.

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
Don't you just love the Mir community :) ?

The weird thing is yeah I do love the community! As most will know I havent been active for many years - and I wasn't amazed to find that this place still existed (glad obviously).

But I expected to find a load of veterans here who have aged (sadly) as much as I have. Instead I find some people acting like kids, like the kind of people we used to have here.

If that means we still attract new young people to MIR after all this time then I think that's bloody amazing.

So yeah I love it, even the twats - I love them the most.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Firstly iceman told us about this a couple of days ago in the private boards, why would he do that if he was trying to cover it up?

Secondly who should we trust more? A mod of 10 years or something or two scammers?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

And the real answer is, you shouldn't trust anybody you meet online lol.

I like a number of people i game with, but wouldn't trust them to stop me from choking.

I think it's safe to say no one really cares....we all know what goes on behind closed doors lol, i'm sure there are some honest server owners out there that legitimately completely reject such offers.

But if you were to tell me my server will die in a months time, and someone offered me a secure £5000 for a bunch of pixels, i'd be retarded not to say yes...

But if a server could last years with an honest gameshop, and would reap in £20,000, i'll obviously not risk it and just be honest.

It's all about the money, this is what people have turned the community into....gone are the servers with basic database changes and exp alterations, a lot of work is required these days to even gain any footing....why shouldn't you be paid for it.

BUT the argument here, is it's clearly bullshit lol, he was caught and trying to hide it, even going as far as deleting the thread...no one cares about the fact it was done, far too many suspicious actions on his part, and quite frankly...lame excuses lol

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
The weird thing is yeah I do love the community! As most will know I havent been active for many years - and I wasn't amazed to find that this place still existed (glad obviously).

But I expected to find a load of veterans here who have aged (sadly) as much as I have. Instead I find some people acting like kids, like the kind of people we used to have here.

If that means we still attract new young people to MIR after all this time then I think that's bloody amazing.

How else do you think we keep sane? It's the twats that give us a good episode of Mirstenders, after all.

Good to have you back, though. Flail those arms, robert. Flail those arms.

On a more serious nature, I will admit deleting the thread wasn't the best idea from IceMan or whomever did it, as it just raises more questions. More communication is always a plus in these situations, rather than going dark. If he's going to sell items then so be it, I do think he needs to be clear and open about that though, as all you do is alienate your userbase when it does eventually leak. I must admit im not entirely convinced by tai's response that he did indeed post in their admin section that this was the case, more likely he was looking to make some extra cash and got stung by the ****s that retract paypal donations and as a good friend they're just standing by him, which is entirely fair.

All in all, feelsbadman for pete as he's probably the soundest person I've met or had the pleasure of playing with (Athena's server, 1.4, good times) and this just negatively effects him even if all the above is hearsay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emzie

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
All with whats been said etc etc, accepting donations so early on... on such an unstable server is just plain bull **** no ?

I await v2.3.4.5 for the next installment.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

I think the term is masochist.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
How else do you think we keep sane? It's the twats that give us a good episode of Mirstenders, after all.

Good to have you back, though. Flail those arms, robert. Flail those arms.

On a more serious nature, I will admit deleting the thread wasn't the best idea from IceMan or whomever did it, as it just raises more questions. More communication is always a plus in these situations, rather than going dark. If he's going to sell items then so be it, I do think he needs to be clear and open about that though, as all you do is alienate your userbase when it does eventually leak. I must admit im not entirely convinced by tai's response that he did indeed post in their admin section that this was the case, more likely he was looking to make some extra cash and got stung by the ****s that retract paypal donations and as a good friend they're just standing by him, which is entirely fair.

All in all, feelsbadman for pete as he's probably the soundest person I've met or had the pleasure of playing with (Athena's server, 1.4, good times) and this just negatively effects him even if all the above is hearsay.
I'd like to add it's actually in the VIP section so am not making it up. However iceman deleted the server thread and asked to be removed from his mod position and he hasn't spoken to me since so I will probably honour his request and you'll all get what you want and we can all go down the pub

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I'd like to add it's actually in the VIP section so am not making it up. However iceman deleted the server thread and asked to be removed from his mod position and he hasn't spoken to me since so I will probably honour his request and you'll all get what you want and we can all go down the pub

Technically my list was published before this 'sting'.

*Add's fuel to fire*

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London

First rounds on Cobra, they accept paypal?
9gRxD5A.png

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.

Ok, sure I know what your trying to say. I'll take his job for you x

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

Excellent.

Make sure you bring ID.

ps. i rather see Koriban with Mir Advisor lol :carrot:

Tai can never do this. Because he would create two issues:

1) He'd create a clone of himself, with less power, and he knows with great power comes great abuse of it, and I'd eventually overthrow him.

2) I would henceforth have to stop trolling, and lets be real, nobody benefits from that

Last edited:

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
While I DO NOT condone the selling of any items ingame other than gameshop , is it not both Ice and Petes prerogative if they do or do not wish to sell items privately? It is after all THEIR server and what they wish or wish not to do is not really for us to say. As a player on any server NO ONE forces you to use real cash and YOU know the risks involved. So realistically speaking even though we all had a good laugh and joked about it, not one of us are actually in a position to say what ice and pete CAN or CAN NOT do on their own server.
Yes I agree its wrong , but its their choice , same as it was playe x's choice to pay for the items ... but ultimately NO ONE forced them to do it.
Yes player x retracted the payment ... but then so could Ice remove the items.

Honestly speaking I think it was only brought to the forums for a sing and dance, and to probably cause **** when in actual fact it needed to have not happened in the first place if that makes sense.

probably going to get backlash for this lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.