edens elite gone?

smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
While I DO NOT condone the selling of any items ingame other than gameshop , is it not both Ice and Petes prerogative if they do or do not wish to sell items privately? It is after all THEIR server and what they wish or wish not to do is not really for us to say.

While true, no one will think for a second that this is ok lol.

It's like cheating on an exam lol, would you be ok not having the answers like certain other people, simply because you didn't ask? I think not.

"Oh you got given the answers because you asked? Damn, i didn't....oh well"

If you're going to do something as silly as selling items on your server, you do it publicly. Doing it secretly to only those who ask, just opens too many worm holes about how far the hole goes...You can't call it anything other than corruption lol.

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
While true, no one will think for a second that this is ok lol.

It's like cheating on an exam lol, would you be ok not having the answers like certain other people, simply because you didn't ask? I think not.

"Oh you got given the answers because you asked? Damn, i didn't....oh well"

If you're going to do something as silly as selling items on your server, you do it publicly. Doing it secretly to only those who ask, just opens too many worm holes about how far the hole goes...You can't call it anything other than corruption lol.

Very true I totally agree corruption is corruption end of, and yes if you wish sell items for cash I agree make it public. I don't really agree as I don't agree with the idea.Meaning I would NOT do it and have NEVER done it nor will I ,but each to their own.

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Very true I totally agree corruption is corruption end of, and yes if you wish sell items for cash I agree make it public. I don't really agree as I don't agree with the idea.Meaning I would NOT do it and have NEVER done it nor will I ,but each to their own.

Its just bad when normally decent people basically turn into lapta overnight when they see £$ being offered.
I don't know why server owners are just not more honest about it, 99.99999999999999% of the time they get found out.

aRKY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2009
already been said nm

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Its just bad when normally decent people basically turn into lapta overnight when they see £$ being offered.
I don't know why server owners are just not more honest about it, 99.99999999999999% of the time they get found out.

I am sure that there are a few other server owners that have never sold items directly to players.

NewUserName

Banned
Banned
Jan 6, 2018

mong

---------- Post Merged at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:20 PM ----------

if anyone offered me money for items on any of the servers i ran in past, i would take it in an instant.

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
I am sure that there are a few other server owners that have never sold items directly to players.

I could name possibly 5. Most have tended to sell the items once either usercount gets low or usercount never reached the level they were expecting. Can't say I blame server owners for doing it, I've seen some of the transactions and it can be crazy money.
Biggest single transaction I've been told about on a private server was £9k.

I just dislike the shady under the table way that many actually go about it.

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
Server seems to be online but i can't connect this evening...just does the old "attempting connection" business.

Was working fine earlier - any ideas?

stephens_l

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 30, 2003

How you even have the gall to post on this thread is beyond me.

Especially as you well know you facilitated (and got caught out) the sale/transfer of my friends tao (to the biggest spender on marble) after publically banning said practise a few weeks earlier.

*eh um.. Mir "community" indeed..

Back on topic: I do belive server creators should be paid for their work. It's too time consuming not to be. I know how long ice and pete spent working on the server and they deserve to be paid.. No doubt..

That said, it's needs to be in a way that doesn't offer privilege to "a select few".
Especially as most people subscribe to the general playstyle in Mir which is trying to "be better than everyone else".

Openess and transparency win through in the end (and help avoid situations like this)

Reactions: zedina

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
How you even have the gall to post on this thread is beyond me.

Especially as you well know you facilitated (and got caught out) the sale/transfer of my friends tao (to the biggest spender on marble) after publically banning said practise a few weeks earlier.

*eh um.. Mir "community" indeed..

Back on topic: I do belive server creators should be paid for their work. It's too time consuming not to be. I know how long ice and pete spent working on the server and they deserve to be paid.. No doubt..

That said, it's needs to be in a way that doesn't offer privilege to "a select few".
Especially as most people subscribe to the general playstyle in Mir which is trying to "be better than everyone else".

Openess and transparency win through in the end (and help avoid situations like this)

Yea, I public said it was bannable, Why? Because it was so much work on my end, and I want to be doing better things.

Did I enforce it? No

Did I still help people with the changing of ones Account ID? Yes.

Why? Because it was so much less work dealing with it there and then rather than dealing with it later if the original owner decided to take it back.

Never once did I sell anything or receive money for doing it, the only benefit would be that they would change their name.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Listen its closed , Tai knows why and what. if he disporves me he will msg me.

Status
Not open for further replies.