Far Cry 5

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hey guys,

I'm probably going to buy this when it comes out on the 27th.

My only concern is that I loved Far Cry 3&4, and am hoping its not going to be 100% different.

Anyone know if the skills tree will be ingame? What about enemy camps to capture and towers to climb etc?

Cheers,

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
Not a great amount of info really but looks awesome what i've seen so far, Loved all the farcry series since 2 wasn't that fond of primal but was still decent. Looks like we'll be getting more vehicles this time round.

[video=youtube;J1II-1ADLRY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1II-1ADLRY[/video]

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Nice one thanks for posting this vid! Looks awesome, almost like they crossed far cry with GTA!

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
1 is still my favourite. The only real downside was the repetitiveness of 'take a tower, do the quest' after the 10th time but they seem to have resolvd that this time around.

Might have to give this a go myself. Always good for a few hours of fun.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
I didn't play 1 or 2 so don't know any different. Were they on console back then or just PC?

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
1 was pc but i think they released it on ps3 and xbox some time later,
2 pc/ps3/xbox

2 was my favourite death matchs on custom maps was so fun and what a mapeditor farcry has crazy some of the things you could build.

Last edited:

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
I never actually used the map editor (shame.. shame...shame).

I'm assuming this was like Age of empires map editor where you could input a objects and enemies?

Or could you just create the map and then go against other real life players?

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
FarCry games were always great for a couple of hours until the repetitiveness kicks in , this one looks good though

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
So I've now pre-purchased the game :) (as no Mir 2 or 3 server currently has its hooks in me!)

I was looking at the new skill tree which looks awesome but something confused me, a reviewer of the game mentioned locked chests in previous far cry games??

I remember 'loots crates/chests' which you just clicked to open&grab. But I'm certain I've never seen a locked chest like in Fallout for example?

Did I miss something obvious in Far Cry 3&4? XD

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
Great! there hasn't been locked chests from what I remember they was just awkward to find/access

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
So I've now pre-purchased the game :) (as no Mir 2 or 3 server currently has its hooks in me!)

I was looking at the new skill tree which looks awesome but something confused me, a reviewer of the game mentioned locked chests in previous far cry games??

I remember 'loots crates/chests' which you just clicked to open&grab. But I'm certain I've never seen a locked chest like in Fallout for example?

Did I miss something obvious in Far Cry 3&4? XD

You should give the WoooL server a go, I'm quite enjoying it atm.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hi Chalace,

I've seen a fair few posts about wool but in all honesty havnt looked into it. How does it compare to mir?

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Not happy with the skill choice i made so ill be re-rolling the next time I get time to play.

Hi Chalace,

I've seen a fair few posts about wool but in all honesty havnt looked into it. How does it compare to mir?

Cant really explain it in a few words. It has the aura of Mir, the look, and feel. Heck most of the objects are identical to shanda M2 files. But at the same time it is quite different in many aspects.

Gotta try it to get a feel for it really.

I have only played it for a few hours over the last couple of days, so no idea how the late game plays out, but I'm enjoying it.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Beginning part of the game is very boring , I’m just about to leave the first “town” though so hopefully spices up abit now.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Beginning part of the game is very boring , I’m just about to leave the first “town” though so hopefully spices up abit now.

The first town is simply run to X learn some stuff, run to Y. then some for the first cave.
Just teaching you the basics. The quests are kinda pants really, but after that its 'Mir' as you would expect. kill stuff and loot.

Not sure when I'll be on next, maybe the weekend.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Thanks for feedback guys I'll take a peek :P

---------- Post Merged at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Which serv are you guys playing?