Request Is there any great server under development in 2018?

wxypk2009

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jan 15, 2017
We met MARBLE, ZIRCON's very fun server in 2017. I am more curious. Is there a great server under development? In 2018, I wanted to play a MIR2 server with a large number of players.

tibz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2014
I'm waiting to for a mir2 server low/med

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Chalace has something tasty in the works. Not seen anything by Chalace before however, so it's a bit of a gamble/unknown at the moment if we are honest (hope he won't mind me saying that) but from what other stuff we've seen of him, and know of him from his posts and 'work in progress' stuff, it's shaping up to be impressive. New features, new maps, new skill system (of sorts), new dragon mob at least, and a different approach to gathering/crafting. The guy is dedicated, which overrides the inexperience at server hosting (afaik) in my opinion, allowing me to be pumped.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Chalace’s Server looks the best but it’s looking like it will be nothing like any Mir we've played so that’s decent

i heard rumours of a couple of smaller servers being developed but there a while off I think

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Wittin's server will be good just going to be awhile think his coder is away or something.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Wittin's server will be good just going to be awhile think his coder is away or something.

Was gonna mention it, but there is far too little work happening (which isn't a problem of course) to really be telling people to watch it. Was 50/50

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Question was is there any great server under development in 2018 and it is :P Suck on that haha.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Chalace has something tasty in the works. Not seen anything by Chalace before however, so it's a bit of a gamble/unknown at the moment if we are honest (hope he won't mind me saying that) but from what other stuff we've seen of him, and know of him from his posts and 'work in progress' stuff, it's shaping up to be impressive. New features, new maps, new skill system (of sorts), new dragon mob at least, and a different approach to gathering/crafting. The guy is dedicated, which overrides the inexperience at server hosting (afaik) in my opinion, allowing me to be pumped.

It could turn out to be a complete cluster **** of random stuff :lol I am under no delusion there.
Lets be honest here, it very rarely goes right the first time around.

In all honesty the majority of what I've done is not that far from what anyone is used to, you are still in essence entering an area and killing mobs to get items/exp. I'm simply using progressive zone attainment (i.e the map system) and added extra things to 'do' besides kill stuff.

The majority of my time this past year has been spent learning how things work, understanding what the code is doing; Building resources (thousands upon thousands of map opjects)

The skill system is pretty much going to make or break the server for individuals. This will depend entirely on how people approach it. We all know what happens when people are faced with anything remotely 'new' here.

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
been working on one for last couple years, and still ain't ventured past BichonProvince, so gimme another 10years I should be good to go!