Eden / LightBringer

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
^ Your a ****ing idiot lol. If it wasn't for people like Moha / Lkira / Cry / Fahad etc etc people wouldn't even bother making good server's... Coding comes at a price. You think Jamie / Samuel would slave their dicks off if they knew they'd make no £?

Also you couldn't be more wrong here Moha has a pretty good relationship with Icey from what i've seen and Helps him out a lot with Hosting costs by donating.

Ofc people would still make servers if stupid amounts of money wasn't thrown at them lol. Look at the bigger picture when it comes to private servers.

I've no issue with server owners making good money, it just gets stupid when things that can be purchased create pay2win when it wasn't originally like that.
How many servers get pay2win items added to gameshop when silly money starts being offered, or how many server owners do "private" deals when the silly cash offers start getting banded about.

Like I say I don't blame server owners.. who wouldn't take the money. But be honest do you really think its the server owners that the majority of the time try & instigate a deal? of course its not... its the players that can't accept servers for how they are.

I think we both know a perfect example of the above that recently happened.

---------- Post Merged at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Not every server owner hosts for fun, some are hosting it for £ and if they worked hard on their server
they deserve £, and not every donator is in it for game breaking you know?
some do donate if they like the server even for a small cost of GG if they liked it.

Nobody is saying donators are bad or server owners shouldn't make good money. Its just a certain type of "donator" that the majority of people dislike as they usually harm servers.

Another 1

LOMCN Rookie
Feb 1, 2018
How does buying items from players in game help a server? it doesn't, soon as people clock on its massively demotivating and people quit. It doesn't go unnoticed on servers like this. Donating for gamegold helps the server, buying all the rare items privately from payers in game does not.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Buying game gold is great and supports the server

buying items on the sneaky from other players and game masters is not great and destroys servers

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
How does buying items from players in game help a server? it doesn't, soon as people clock on its massively demotivating and people quit. It doesn't go unnoticed on servers like this. Donating for gamegold helps the server, buying all the rare items privately from payers in game does not.

99% of my donations are for GG and you didnt notice that, you noticed the 1% which is me donating for items.
shows how idiot and close minded you are.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Ofc people would still make servers if stupid amounts of money wasn't thrown at them lol. Look at the bigger picture when it comes to private servers.

I've no issue with server owners making good money, it just gets stupid when things that can be purchased create pay2win when it wasn't originally like that.
How many servers get pay2win items added to gameshop when silly money starts being offered, or how many server owners do "private" deals when the silly cash offers start getting banded about.

Like I say I don't blame server owners.. who wouldn't take the money. But be honest do you really think its the server owners that the majority of the time try & instigate a deal? of course its not... its the players that can't accept servers for how they are.

I think we both know a perfect example of the above that recently happened.

---------- Post Merged at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Nobody is saying donators are bad or server owners shouldn't make good money. Its just a certain type of "donator" that the majority of people dislike as they usually harm servers.

Jamie / Samuel / Ben, Matt, Hany / Scorp are the only people left who can really can make a big 200+ peak usercount server. None of them would bother if they wasn't making 10s of thousands of pounds. You'd be left with servers put up with all data base edits and no coding so it would just die.. Why are you even arguing it's facts.

Another1> The items was baught from a GM not players and i was mostly refering to GG, the people i named in my post above will donate 100£s straight away if they enjoy the server which just massively helps a server stay stable... Running a game isn't cheap specially if it grows fast you can spend a lot of money just getting a stable host if you didn't think ahead.

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
the people i named in my post above will donate 100£s straight away if they enjoy the server which just massively helps a server stay stable... Running a game isn't cheap specially if it grows fast you can spend a lot of money just getting a stable host if you didn't think ahead.

Just to confirm what he said i already donated more than £100 on iceman's server
simple because he worked hard on it and because im enjoying it.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I disagree. If a GM pours hundreds of hours into making a server and then sells an item on the side for a quick cash grab that is completely their choice as they would earn way more from legit donations in the long run

It's donations that keep the thing running and let's face it people paying cash for items has always been a part of mir and most other games out there.

I think your turning ihavealongname into a scapegoat for the server and your hard work on your char going down the toilet but blame rests with the one in power as they choose to wield it.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
To say moha as donated over £100 he wasnt no further ahead as anyone ingame lol, if anythin he helped people who couldnt donate by selling gg items chaper for ingame gold...

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I disagree. If a GM pours hundreds of hours into making a server and then sells an item on the side for a quick cash grab that is completely their choice as they would earn way more from legit donations in the long run

It is 100% their choice to do this, but it also loses your server and your name a lot of integrity, as if people dont like servers that sell items in game shops, the definitely wouldn't like GMs secretly selling items.

+ it kinda ruins the point of Mir, rather than farming for items you just /gm and ask @make me this and I will give you $$$

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
it kinda ruins the point of Mir, rather than farming for items you just /gm and ask @make me this and I will give you $$$

Totally agree man. Think sticking to things in game shop where everyone has access to and its transparent is best way.

On the bright side tho... Means if there is PK drops on there is a free heaven armour walking about just wanting to be snatched haha

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Jamie / Samuel / Ben, Matt, Hany / Scorp are the only people left who can really can make a big 200+ peak usercount server. None of them would bother if they wasn't making 10s of thousands of pounds. You'd be left with servers put up with all data base edits and no coding so it would just die.. Why are you even arguing it's facts.

Another1> The items was baught from a GM not players and i was mostly refering to GG, the people i named in my post above will donate 100£s straight away if they enjoy the server which just massively helps a server stay stable... Running a game isn't cheap specially if it grows fast you can spend a lot of money just getting a stable host if you didn't think ahead.

You can still run a server & make thousands ££££££ from things like gamegold/ingame buffs, how much do you think Jamie is making from things that hardly affect the server? you don't need to run a server like Lapta for it to be successful and to line your pockets.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Lapta would see anything he see’s 😂
icey was still in bed an hour ago piff

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
You can still run a server & make thousands ££££££ from things like gamegold/ingame buffs, how much do you think Jamie is making from things that hardly affect the server? you don't need to run a server like Lapta for it to be successful and to line your pockets.

What are you on about ? We've been talking about GG the whole time... Moha baught a cursed set or some **** at the start which is a kit easy a **** to get and also KingCobra wanted to buy some crap. Besides them to tiny incident at the start which a lot of the admins / mods who can see private threads was backing Icey on this, something about catching someone recalling payments everything else was all GG.

All i simply said was, without £££ decent coders wouldn't make server stop trying to argue the fact lol. Lapta made ££ of his first server then it was scraps compared to what people like Samuel Jamie and Andy have made.. Your pissing the wind if you think any of them 3 guys are going to graft for no donations they'd simply just get a job coding and bring home a very comfortable amount.

Stop chatting **** jesus did IceMan **** your girl or something.

---------- Post Merged on 28-03-2018 at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 26-03-2018 at 06:30 PM ----------

bump

Any news?