Hey! I have questions, and I'm NEW-ish(again?)

Upshot

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 13, 2017
Hey. Been lurking these forums on and off for a very long while now, and I made a similar thread a while ago!

I've got a few questions that I'd really love an answer to, with as much detail as you can provide!

1: Is this really the "best" legend of mir website for server advertisements? I've never really found the need to look elsewhere, and have tagged this as my go-to.
2. Are the server populations listed a fairly accurate representation of the Legend of Mir community, or is there some magical server that isn't listed here, with 500+ population?
3. Is it worth starting on a server as a completely fresh newby with my girlfriend, I assume everybody is pretty high level and geared at this point, probably removing 'most' of what made legend of mir great in the first place. (I played in beta until it eventually shut down)

and 4 and most importantly! If I do start, I'm thinking of Zircon - is this a good idea?.. And is it Mir 2 or Mir 3? I've seen pictures and gameplay and it looks like Mir 2, but it's listed by the owner himself as 'Not Mir 2' - what is the difference?

Thank you so much in advance...

And thank you for having a site like this, Mir was the 'greatest' experience I've had in my life, and I've travelled to many countries and done many insane things :D. Mir for life <3

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I'll answer questions 1 & 2 for you.

1: Is this really the "best" legend of mir website for server advertisements? I've never really found the need to look elsewhere, and have tagged this as my go-to. There is no alternative [outside of Asia], so yes.
2. Are the server populations listed a fairly accurate representation of the Legend of Mir community, or is there some magical server that isn't listed here, with 500+ population? This is it.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
1: Is this really the "best" legend of mir website for server advertisements?

42bOBnQ.png

Last edited:

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
1- Only community that I am aware of. There are an odd one or two servers advertised via social media groups and the likes due to being banned on here that ain't worth your time.

2- Server populations accurate except that of P69 and Arcadia (the same server owner same concept that you sell items by turning your character into an AFK stall so a lot of the population aren't actually playing simply other players characters or afk people selling)

3- Your choice. Can start fresh on a server where others that are geared and still enjoy it. If you check the Server Advertisments section you can check for recent releases to see what your comftorable with

4- Zircon is pretty new and is Mir 3 - The difference...? hmm there is lots - Mir 2 has always had the biggest community as it came first compared to mir 3. Mir 2 is more about stats DC for like Strength and pump it up to hit hard as melle where Mir 3 expands more and has Elements that you need to add to your gear to exploit monster elemental weakness. Skills are different too - Mir 3 a lot more Zoom Zoom with flashy AOE skills and such where Mir 2 more basic in my opinon but prefer mir 2.

Overall if your looking for a mir experience where you and your girlfriend are willing to grind and work go for zircoin as is a bit tough at the early levels. If your looking something carefree where you can go to 100 and solo every dungeon maybe take a look for high rate on the server advertisment.

Good luck - May the force be with you

Upshot

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 13, 2017
Thanks for that reply Smeghead. I'm definitely interested in the lower end stuff, I'm after going in to a few caves and just grinding it out, rather than the insta level 100 jazz. I appreciate the response, don't know why this is considered ban bait... Astounds me how sensitive people are.

And I think we'll go check out the legend of mir 2 server. Played Mir 2 in the beta until it all went down, and only 'dabbled' in Mir 3, just didn't feel right. Thanks again!!

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Thanks for that reply Smeghead. I'm definitely interested in the lower end stuff, I'm after going in to a few caves and just grinding it out, rather than the insta level 100 jazz. I appreciate the response, don't know why this is considered ban bait... Astounds me how sensitive people are.

And I think we'll go check out the legend of mir 2 server. Played Mir 2 in the beta until it all went down, and only 'dabbled' in Mir 3, just didn't feel right. Thanks again!!

You missed a fair bit of drama involving a desperate, sad individual who tried copying the site and claiming everything as his own, wouldn't worry about it, people aren't serious about the ban thing just messing with you, as was I.

Welcome. Do give Zircon a go if you get the chance, Mir3 isn't everyones cup of tea but Zircon has taken on a fair amount of the Mir2 "theme" so to speak, so it's not your traditional Mir3 server.

If you're looking for a Mir2 server unfortunately Chronicles has lost most of its userbase, but is still a great server. Arcadia is, well, to be honest I don't even know any more. But it has lots of users so either the afk stalls are breeding in numbers or people are genuinely interested again.

Last edited:

liamforde

A No Life Mir Player
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2012
3. Is it worth starting on a server as a completely fresh newby with my girlfriend, I assume everybody is pretty high level and geared at this point, probably removing 'most' of what made legend of mir great in the first place. (I played in beta until it eventually shut down)

So if your very interested in the whole Early years of Mir 2 more than anything, unfortunetly from when i was playing user count wasnt the best either, and it probably still isn't im not sure, havent been on for a while BUT sabre mir 2 is probably the earliest version of mir 2 on the advertisements that'll youll find (assuming its still up and running) but when i played it was very enjoyable

Upshot

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 13, 2017
Aye, thanks guys. I have read a little bit on the recent drama, so I understand. (I pop on this website once every few months and have a browse, just mainly a lurker rather than a player/poster :D)

I'm going to hop on Zircon and maybe check out Sabre Mir 2, once I find the population of it. Currently it is "?"

Miss the Mir days, haven't found any game so punishing and rewarding since then, a true multiplayer experience, rather than a single player one in a world with other people playing their own single player adventure.

Thanks again :)