I am convinced Far Cry 5 uses the "killed chicken" sound effect that MIR 2 uses

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
I am convinced Far Cry 5 uses the "killed chicken" sound effect that MIR 2 uses

If anyone has Far Cry 5 go to the "Dupree Residence" and wander around the back. You'll hear it. Thought I accidentally left YouTube running in the background and ended up on a MIR video.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Re: I am convinced Far Cry 5 uses the "killed chicken" sound effect that MIR 2 uses

If anyone has Far Cry 5 go to the "Dupree Residence" and wander around the back. You'll hear it. Thought I accidentally left YouTube running in the background and ended up on a MIR video.

Can you record it for us non-casual game players?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Re: I am convinced Far Cry 5 uses the "killed chicken" sound effect that MIR 2 uses

You've lost it

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011

Not heard this myself, I'm sure I've heard other sounds in mir though. Definitely heard some shinsu noises in films!

Equinnox

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 22, 2017

I've actually played a few games that I believe used the same sounds from Mir. One game I played recently had the same 'Flaming Sword' sound effect.

I think our brains are tricking us into believing we recognize the same sound, but it really isn't.

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014

I've actually played a few games that I believe used the same sounds from Mir. One game I played recently had the same 'Flaming Sword' sound effect.

I think our brains are tricking us into believing we recognize the same sound, but it really isn't.

always remember when you think your see or hear something your brain WILL fill the gaps, you genuinely believe you saw or heard it but that's because your brain is helping you out.

try to be more like the t1000

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

Actually, this is true and fairly common to happen, someone once made a similar post. It turns out that the sounds made in games or movies aren't licenced to any one particular company, but much like we have (PRS) they will have something similar, whereby you can buy the right to use a wide selection of sounds. I've come across a few sounds that use the shinsu gnarl and yelp (death) in a few anime movies.

Sword of The Stranger, for example, 12minutes 20seconds in uses the exact same sound file as a Wolf in Mir2.

Last edited:

Cleopatra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2004

Absolutely, I've heard a lot of the Mir2 sound effects in a number of places, by far the most often it's been the shinsu sounds though.

Check this trailer at 1 minute and 2 seconds! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX9S3hdgZ5g

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

There's a good chance they're using sounds that, to us, sound like Mir sounds even though they might not be.
As for the trailer with the shinsu sound and the farcry5 chicken sound, aren't they just generic wolf / chicken sounds?

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

There's a good chance they're using sounds that, to us, sound like Mir sounds even though they might not be.
As for the trailer with the shinsu sound and the farcry5 chicken sound, aren't they just generic wolf / chicken sounds?

Probably right. I don't really have the time to sift through the sound files and check specifically if they match but in most cases it probably is just Generic X Y Z Animal sound and we just happen to identify it because it is extremely similar to the ones we hear in our favourite nostalgic game.

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading

There was some side scrolling ninja game on iOS years ago had the slaying noise and boar sound effects

---------- Post Merged at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Absolutely, I've heard a lot of the Mir2 sound effects in a number of places, by far the most often it's been the shinsu sounds though.

Check this trailer at 1 minute and 2 seconds! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX9S3hdgZ5g
Dog soldiers 😅 that was on syfy Monday night forgot how cheesy it is

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA

I did assume WeMade didn't generate all those sounds themselves -- I am just surprised almost two decades later the sounds are still being used. And I'll see if I can get it recorded. It just doesn't sound like a common sound to me (the chicken sound.) It's the death sound from killing chickens and throws me completely off because it had nothing to do with killing chickens in FC5.

Also, interesting stuff you lot bring up, too