The hate on new servers ?

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
Why do some people find the need to question/doubt/hate upcoming servers ? Every upcoming server has the same old people hating on them. Yet i can bet my life on it, that they all play them. If you have nothing constructive to say dont bother posting. You clearly need to start your own server. The lomncn i knew was a positive place.. Not full of haters and boring low lifes.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
isn't it because a lot of these servers look really bad though

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
Maybe. But everyone prefers something different. And even the worse servers have a few users who enjoy being the top level. Any server is a good server.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Maybe. But everyone prefers something different. And even the worse servers have a few users who enjoy being the top level. Any server is a good server.

Dont be scared do what you feel your server is. Listen to some feedback , enjoy all the learning. Hell i'm on my 4th set of C code files lol , i keep changing to try diffrent ideas.

34pbdb8.png

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
why cant somone put up a low rate mir 2 server and be done with it? itching to get back on one that has the old euro feel!

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Any server is a good server.

Not really, theres many reasons you wouldn't want to play or even recomend a server made by certain people due to what they have done previously. I like how most on here will post & let you know if the server owner is a dick before you invest any time in said server.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
mirman118, I'm currently guessing here... your basically using the base set of Crystal files which was released by myself, a Set is basically a Test Server files which has been advised not to be used on a LIVE state server.

There have been many servers since Crystal project began and became a quick cash cow and all used the same files and slated the fact they are buggy, exploitable

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Hate on new servers? Lets remember what you said 3 days ago shall we.

"Only retard servers are available for Mir 2?? what has happened...?????????????????????????????? -borken:"

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
Hate on new servers? Lets remember what you said 3 days ago shall we.

"Only retard servers are available for Mir 2?? what has happened...?????????????????????????????? -borken:"

That wasnt posted on someones upcoming server thread.. Your exactly what im talking about.. Proper little internet hater.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
That wasnt posted on someones upcoming server thread.. Your exactly what im talking about.. Proper little internet hater.
Im an idiot hater. You seem like an idiot.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Dont be scared do what you feel your server is. Listen to some feedback , enjoy all the learning. Hell i'm on my 4th set of C code files lol , i keep changing to try diffrent ideas.

If you're on your 4th iteration...I wouldn't play your servers.

It's all well and good trying new things and changing your idea, but to have each mind change a different server release, just makes you a completely unreliable server owner and not one that people will want to play on lol.

Servers could be really good for all i know, but that bit of information strikes you off my list of server owners i would play with.

In response to the main thread title, there are KNOWN server owners who do the following:

- Advert is nothing more than mentioning what the rates are, as if it makes for an interesting server.
- Spending ~5 minutes on creating a server (This often results is basic Database entries, downloading/opening basic set of Crystal files and clicking the run button)
- More time being spent on the gameshop as oppose to the servers longevity/content and actual gameplay.
- No dedicated server, despite the frankly cheap host in comparison to the money we know can be made on servers running successfully (If you bothered to spend more than 5 minutes on a server, this would be easy to afford).
- Unreliability/Corrupt server owners. These have had multiple iterations in the past, all have failed, all have been corrupt to some extent.

These servers are not given the time of day. Everyones tired of them and they should be forced off and killed before the doors open.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Mainly because people seem to think the base crystal files are 'enough' to start.
The last few i looked at, laughably, were all on the understanding that they expect people to play and 'changes will come in time'.

- No-one wants to spend 6 months playing on basic files while you **** around, in the hopes that in future it might be OK. Not because of anything you might have done, but simply because 99% of the servers that come out turn out to be garbage, it's not exactly a safe gamble.
- Adding 100 items is not going to make it playable.
- Adding an npc to teleport you to a few stand-alone caves isn't going to make it playable.

I could go on but you get the point. There have been a couple of decent servers the last 2 years, those had considerable time invested into them before anyone got a whiff of the login screen.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003

It's all well and good trying new things and changing your idea, but to have each mind change a different server release, just makes you a completely unreliable server owner and not one that people will want to play on lol.

Servers could be really good for all i know, but that bit of information strikes you off my list of server owners i would play with.

In response to the main thread title, there are KNOWN server owners who do the following:

- Advert is nothing more than mentioning what the rates are, as if it makes for an interesting server.
- Spending ~5 minutes on creating a server (This often results is basic Database entries, downloading/opening basic set of Crystal files and clicking the run button)
- More time being spent on the gameshop as oppose to the servers longevity/content and actual gameplay.
- No dedicated server, despite the frankly cheap host in comparison to the money we know can be made on servers running successfully (If you bothered to spend more than 5 minutes on a server, this would be easy to afford).
- Unreliability/Corrupt server owners. These have had multiple iterations in the past, all have failed, all have been corrupt to some extent.

These servers are not given the time of day. Everyones tired of them and they should be forced off and killed before the doors open.

I'm not out to run any server bud. We just keep trying different things to the code. Like one set of code is sql , other uses all shanda data reading and so on.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

Kinda disagree with this, ben made about 5-6 servers, all of them highly successful and long-term, some servers just naturally mature to the point where you can't progress them anymore, while some have flaws in that just weren't picked up.

Tho you can usually tell the bad server owners from the good, the bad will like chalace said, stick an NPC to tele u to a few caves, add 100 items and open the doors.

Scorp Keep Arcadia/P69 online, but they died years ago and wouldn't see a mass return unless they was re-done/re-released.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I'm not out to run any server bud. We just keep trying different things to the code. Like one set of code is sql , other uses all shanda data reading and so on.

Shut up please, you talk like you are a saint but sold items to Kingcobra for rlc then when you got caught hand dirty you just gone inactive and let others manage your ****... without giving an explanation. Poor Pete, i bet he is doing all the hard work while you doing stupid crap on server.

ps. before that you were spamming crap about each server on their topic, even on mir3 gsp where you dont have any mir 3 experience. troll

Last edited: