Happy Server Mir 2
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The hate on new servers ?

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan View Post
    Dont be scared do what you feel your server is. Listen to some feedback , enjoy all the learning. Hell i'm on my 4th set of C code files lol , i keep changing to try diffrent ideas.
    If you're on your 4th iteration...I wouldn't play your servers.

It's all well and good trying new things and changing your idea, but to have each mind change a different server release, just makes you a completely unreliable server owner and not one that people will want to play on lol.

Servers could be really good for all i know, but that bit of information strikes you off my list of server owners i would play with.

In response to the main thread title, there are KNOWN server owners who do the following:

- Advert is nothing more than mentioning what the rates are, as if it makes for an interesting server.
    - Spending ~5 minutes on creating a server (This often results is basic Database entries, downloading/opening basic set of Crystal files and clicking the run button)
    - More time being spent on the gameshop as oppose to the servers longevity/content and actual gameplay.
    - No dedicated server, despite the frankly cheap host in comparison to the money we know can be made on servers running successfully (If you bothered to spend more than 5 minutes on a server, this would be easy to afford).
    - Unreliability/Corrupt server owners. These have had multiple iterations in the past, all have failed, all have been corrupt to some extent.

These servers are not given the time of day. Everyones tired of them and they should be forced off and killed before the doors open.

2. HispaRed

Mainly because people seem to think the base crystal files are 'enough' to start.
    The last few i looked at, laughably, were all on the understanding that they expect people to play and 'changes will come in time'.

- No-one wants to spend 6 months playing on basic files while you **** around, in the hopes that in future it might be OK. Not because of anything you might have done, but simply because 99% of the servers that come out turn out to be garbage, it's not exactly a safe gamble.
    - Adding 100 items is not going to make it playable.
    - Adding an npc to teleport you to a few stand-alone caves isn't going to make it playable.

I could go on but you get the point. There have been a couple of decent servers the last 2 years, those had considerable time invested into them before anyone got a whiff of the login screen.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    Mir 2 Advisor / Moderator IceMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy View Post

It's all well and good trying new things and changing your idea, but to have each mind change a different server release, just makes you a completely unreliable server owner and not one that people will want to play on lol.

Servers could be really good for all i know, but that bit of information strikes you off my list of server owners i would play with.

In response to the main thread title, there are KNOWN server owners who do the following:

- Advert is nothing more than mentioning what the rates are, as if it makes for an interesting server.
    - Spending ~5 minutes on creating a server (This often results is basic Database entries, downloading/opening basic set of Crystal files and clicking the run button)
    - More time being spent on the gameshop as oppose to the servers longevity/content and actual gameplay.
    - No dedicated server, despite the frankly cheap host in comparison to the money we know can be made on servers running successfully (If you bothered to spend more than 5 minutes on a server, this would be easy to afford).
    - Unreliability/Corrupt server owners. These have had multiple iterations in the past, all have failed, all have been corrupt to some extent.

These servers are not given the time of day. Everyones tired of them and they should be forced off and killed before the doors open.
    I'm not out to run any server bud. We just keep trying different things to the code. Like one set of code is sql , other uses all shanda data reading and so on.
    I'm not lazy,I'm energy efficient!

Kinda disagree with this, ben made about 5-6 servers, all of them highly successful and long-term, some servers just naturally mature to the point where you can't progress them anymore, while some have flaws in that just weren't picked up.

Tho you can usually tell the bad server owners from the good, the bad will like chalace said, stick an NPC to tele u to a few caves, add 100 items and open the doors.

Scorp Keep Arcadia/P69 online, but they died years ago and wouldn't see a mass return unless they was re-done/re-released.
    DemonFist - Warrior - Euro Phoenix
    CertainDeath/Serbitar - OS/FourHeros/ThreeHeros

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpian View Post
    Must admit, it's nice to see a dirty troll pull his finger out and produce something quite special.

Good luck and well done

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan View Post
    I'm not out to run any server bud. We just keep trying different things to the code. Like one set of code is sql , other uses all shanda data reading and so on.
    Shut up please, you talk like you are a saint but sold items to Kingcobra for rlc then when you got caught hand dirty you just gone inactive and let others manage your shit... without giving an explanation. Poor Pete, i bet he is doing all the hard work while you doing stupid crap on server.

ps. before that you were spamming crap about each server on their topic, even on mir3 gsp where you dont have any mir 3 experience. troll
    Last edited by zedina; 02-06-2018 at 11:59 PM.
    Zentaur Discord link - https://discord.gg/2xBzPs6

Quote Originally Posted by Netskee View Post
    made me lol =D
    wow you people make me laugh. You have been hating on this forum non stop for years on end.. Get a ****ing grip ? I actually have no idea what to say because you are that much of joke its unreal. Your life evolves around hating people trying to bring out a server.. if you want to start on me then crack on. my life has much more than muggy comments on a hater forum x Dunno why idiots like you are even still om this forum x

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22

Quote Originally Posted by mirman118 View Post
    wow you people make me laugh. You have been hating on this forum non stop for years on end.. Get a ****ing grip ? I actually have no idea what to say because you are that much of joke its unreal. Your life evolves around hating people trying to bring out a server.. if you want to start on me then crack on. my life has much more than muggy comments on a hater forum x Dunno why idiots like you are even still om this forum x
    It comes with the territory. I'm not especially well liked around here either and I've accepted that.
    Zircon Server
    Home Page -- Installer -- Download Page

Zircon Community Manager Koriban's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie/Hello View Post
    It comes with the territory. I'm not especially well liked around here either and I've accepted that.
    This thread makes me feel warm inside, no idea what the problem is.

Wow how does it make a unreliable server owner? Things in the world change day in day out, keep up with times, you would slag him off for using base, but moan that he tries changing stuff to suit people?

Zircon Community Manager Koriban's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormHero View Post
    Wow how does it make a unreliable server owner? Things in the world change day in day out, keep up with times, you would slag him off for using base, but moan that he tries changing stuff to suit people?
    IceMan honestly deserves every bit of criticism for his servers, which is weird because they're usually exceptionally well coded files; but it's his or his team's decisions made after the servers up that end up plunging it into disaster. I don't mind people trying to reinvent the wheel, but I am tired of people straight up not learning their lesson from their past failures. It's actually painful to watch happen over and over again.

Ben did well because he understood what people wanted and adapted fast if something was wrong and learnt from his mistakes/failures. Exlcuding paragon, that died due to an unfortunate incident where Ben wasn't really involved in the making of it at all, and the person who was (sloth) stabbed Hany in the back to take personal donations and so Hany lost hope and motivation and it promptly died. Paragon was still extremely fun to play, mind you.

Then again I'm just a pleb community manager, so what do I know.
    Last edited by Koriban; 03-06-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Guessing saturday aint carrot night, i thought most poeple loved you around here :p

---------- Post Merged at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Koriban View Post
    IceMan honestly deserves every bit of criticism for his servers, which is weird because they're usually exceptionally well coded files; but it's his or his team's decisions made after the servers up that end up plunging it into disaster. I don't mind people trying to reinvent the wheel, but I am tired of people straight up not learning their lesson from their past failures. It's actually painful to watch happen over and over again.
    Ye i agree kori, but like i said the world aint like it used to be. You can trust someone and they can **** you over. But once you find a good team your on a roll. Not everyone is a robot to do coding/ running a server solo

jesus some of you have issues.

Everyone loves you on here, regardless of you losing interest 6 weeks into every server you've ever released

15.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #29

I would say you are more tolerated.

[OO\Skyline/OO]

Quote Originally Posted by NightScare View Post
    Kinda disagree with this, ben made about 5-6 servers, all of them highly successful and long-term, some servers just naturally mature to the point where you can't progress them anymore, while some have flaws in that just weren't picked up.
    Bens was years per iteration, we all understand that eventually the servers must come down. But it was not until the time was over for the servers.

Despite Ice's reputation and corruption (This is personally the main reason i wouldn't play anyway lol), the servers going up and down are no different to that of money grabbers.

Never liked Scorps server, even from P69 and Aracdia. I played Archons and was disappointed for many reasons, but i just think his ideas of server building just don't fly with me anyway lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12