Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

Exactly, there is now a massive disadvantage on the players that couldn't geek levels and buy the skills form the shops, so that means all the people that have the skills can now keep levelling faster / and gain even more of a massive advantage and the players that weren't able to buy the skills now have to try and obtain them form a sub/boss, while the players that already have em can just keep flying up the levels...

Suprised your still commited :P

Incredulous

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jul 21, 2016

Alchemy not ingame?

14 provinces not ingame?

Hiring of 'mercenaries' not ingame?

I can keep the list going if u wish ?

seems alot of things on your initial advert are either not ingame or not completed....nice sales techniques though.

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK

Alchemy not ingame?

14 provinces not ingame?

Hiring of 'mercenaries' not ingame?

I can keep the list going if u wish ?

seems alot of things on your initial advert are either not ingame or not completed....nice sales techniques though.

I've got to agree although I thought the alchemist was where you can sell the alchemist items such as batwings and scorpion tails etc.

The 'province guide' on the server homepage shows the 7 'original' provinces and then at the bottom

The Seven Provinces of the New World

For many thousands of years, the New World has been banished of humans. The power of the Lords here is unwavering, it is truly a cruel place to be.
More information on the Seven Provinces of the New World and their dungeons will be announced in the lead up to beta testing.

The 14 provinces intrigued me but I'm not devastated that they aren't in game already. I've been playing for a few hours and it's already big enough 'world' simply down to the lack of teleport locations available.

The mercenaries is what i'm seriously disappointed with. I, personally, like to level in between certain jobs and am often side tracked by e-mails and such so group hunting is certainly not for me the majority of the time but having a pet / mercenary would've aided me dramatically. I can't remember the server but I remember you used to be able to purchase an ingame BoneLord... a little extreme for where the server is at currently but I always liked that idea.

The server on a whole is a good server to play. There are plenty of people in game no matter what others have posted above I can guarantee that the user count is genuine. Every single town has people running about / afk (as is to be expected in safezones).

I like the fact that no town is the same from an npc point of view. Items that can be purchased in one village may not be available in the next.

There are a couple of questionable decisions / changes that have been made but on the whole the community seems to be able to voice concern to Scorp and the team and it actually gets listened to and actioned upon.

This server has done what others have lacked, it's started from the ground up. By setting different classes on different courses from the beginning it becomes a challenge, but a fun challenge. In your starting village / location you only tend to see similar classes to yourself and the occasional wanderer who has travelled across the maps... I'm yet to discover why!

I'm interested to see what else the development team have up their sleeves.

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK

Not gonna lie the server i building is having different starting areas with the classes and I thought of this some 5 months ago now but hey ho still gonna do it even 5hough it'll look from the outside like I nicked his idea lol

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014

If you have to buy your skills with $ then count myself and my buddies out.

Reactions: spartekas

BurningTao

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2008

They will be in drops, but knowing Scorp... be a stupidly low drop rate lol, probably get 1 / 2 a month. xD

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013

I remember hunting p69 for a year for FD book.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014

Logged on, literally laughed out loud at the way it looks and logged out and uninstalled.

Just cannot take that step back in aesthetic quality after Crystal/Marble. No matter how good it may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Logged on, literally laughed out loud at the way it looks and logged out and uninstalled.

Just cannot take that step back in aesthetic quality after Crystal/Marble. No matter how good it may be.

I gotta admit, I thought it looked ok to be honest. Was surprised as I was expecting it to be more jarring. The controls took me aback a bit, and menus popping and things but visually....yeah, not too bad.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014

Too clunky for me after only playing Crystal/Marble for the last 2 years? So maybe I'm just too used to the newer versions. Shame the guy with most capabilities and experience in said files has seemingly falling back in love with Heroes files. The mind boggles.

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014

Too clunky for me after only playing Crystal/Marble for the last 2 years? So maybe I'm just too used to the newer versions. Shame the guy with most capabilities and experience in said files has seemingly falling back in love with Heroes files. The mind boggles.

marble was beautifully smooth wasnt it.

i can deal with these files if he fixes assasins a.speed.

ps. if i ever win the euro millions ill have jamie+andy working together :P

Stavros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 25, 2014

incoming archon white knights

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

If you have to buy your skills with $ then count myself and my buddies out.

No gold exploits here afaik. You won't like it anyway.

Ancient

LOMCN Member
May 8, 2007

Things like this tend to happen when there is something missing like a dll. Are there any errors when you patch? Not diagnosed it before so not sure what to say next

isthereafixyet????

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK

Hi, was wondering if anyone has encountered the problem i am having right now and been able to fix it? i have tried to search for a fix online but nothing.

I have played numerous mir2 servers in the past with the same PC and settings, my drivers are all fully updated and never had this problem.

When i load the game in full screen, its a white screen, however i can hear the music. when i load up the game in windowed mode then try click to full screen again it goes white but can still hear everything that's going on in the game, i can even move my char and hear the footsteps...

sounds like a resolution or graphics problem, tinkered about with the res for a good hour to no success, and all my graphics drivers are up to date.

any help or info would be appreciated/ ty

As strange as it sounds i've also encountered this but I've been able to resolve it by CTRL + ALT + DELETE and opening the task manager, then switching back to the game.

Ancient

LOMCN Member
May 8, 2007

As strange as it sounds i've also encountered this but I've been able to resolve it by CTRL + ALT + DELETE and opening the task manager, then switching back to the game.

Triedthatbutgoeswhitetoblack!!!@:(