• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
You've quoted two posts that were 4 months apart and has less than 5 replies, over a year ago, at a time when, unless im mistaken again, LOM Affinity was released which put a dent in the user count at the time anyway? Hardly the mass exodus that you are threatening. .

Affinity was not a big server it pulled around 50 user's or something.

also i'm saying what if people just get up and leave, will there be something done to keep the player base?

also they are 2 posts that i pulled randomly out of the bunch i can link more if needs be but this topic is never gonna end or change with the GM on the non drop side of things.

so that its settled and not changing as its been stated forget about it and close the thread, but remember for future references, that there was a thread made.

and i know why i still play Mir and its been clear on more than one post on here.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
so basically your saying pkers who want body drops don't tend to have big guilds nor kill bosses? if anything on every server its to PK guilds that run the servers and the pve guilds kill the lower tier bosses.

what servers have you played recently that and PVE guild has control over any bosses other than the few easy ones???

lets use the last populated mir server as an example.

chronicles have had many different guilds that have ran the server and every single one has been PK orientated.

Curse10
TKO
Team
Spartacus
Forsaken
probz other guilds in there too i forgot about.

while the likes of BlackWidows, True Honor and not sure on the other guild name who are all PVE guilds who haven't killed any content that's been in the game for over 3 years, and only recently tried some of them due to instances.

when any server disables PK drops its a dead zone.

Marble user count halfed or most were AFK.
Chronicles same situation as marble.

but please do spill what servers and guilds you've been in...

I played Chronicles and was in one of the guilds you listed as PVP. Hastelloy is right, town fights were about personal and/or guild tiffs and/or bragging rights, cave fights were about bosses.

How do PVE guilds even come into this equation when they'd just RT instantly regardless or death drops?

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
How do PVE guilds even come into this equation when they'd just RT instantly regardless or death drops?

these are the people who aren't happy with PK drops, so why would it matter if PK drops are in game if they RT instantly regardless?

can you close the thread anyways its a never ending debate.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Make the bosses worth fighting for (E.g. drops), and you don't need to rely on player drops, just winning the fight for said boss.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Make the bosses worth fighting for (E.g. drops), and you don't need to rely on player drops, just winning the fight for said boss.

Can't think of a single player who does it for the sole purposes of stealing items.

Fact is no one is checking out peoples items before they decide they are worth dealing with lol. There is always a catalyst...Bosses/Spawn areas/Drop zones...It's never because this certain person has a certain item.

It's completely random (And in my case, non existant, as i've never dropped a rare items in my career lol, neither have i received one).

But at least we can all agree....this argument has grown stale and is going no where :P

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
The PvE gameplay is what I enjoy about Mir, I enjoy grinding and seeing a monster explode with drops is satisfying. Also, that feeling when you finally get a nice item drop :)

HAHA, oh my lord that made me chuckle a teeeeny bit. I bet judging by that post, its not the only thing that "explodes" once you gained an pixelated item on an 20 year old game? Jesus i think the last time i got that gay over mir was when i was like 12? Made new signature based on that, How old are you Jicaa? Curious here hahaha

Pointless arguement anyway, Jamie is clueless (no offence jam) what his users want/the Majority want, Pottsy is to busy gargling his mayonnaise and Jamie is listening because of it.

When his server gets stale couple months down the line and people get bored, watch Jamie do what he did with Marble and try destroy his own server purposely as he cba with the responsibility like he did on Marble.

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
HAHA, oh my lord that made me chuckle a teeeeny bit. I bet judging by that post, its not the only thing that "explodes" once you gained an pixelated item on an 20 year old game? Jesus i think the last time i got that gay over mir was when i was like 12? Made new signature based on that, How old are you Jicaa? Curious here hahaha

Pointless arguement anyway, Jamie is clueless (no offence jam) what his users want/the Majority want, Pottsy is to busy gargling his mayonnaise and Jamie is listening because of it.

When his server gets stale couple months down the line and people get bored, watch Jamie do what he did with Marble and try destroy his own server purposely as he cba with the responsibility like he did on Marble.

Why are you the way you are?

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Mayonnaise is really gross and super unhealthy....

OH! I see what you did there ;)

On an unrelated and funny note, I think Zedina is getting worried...everything "Negative" towards Jamie or the server is met with 1 of these:
Untitled.png

It's cute...he's watching everything we say!

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Mayonnaise is really gross and super unhealthy....

OH! I see what you did there ;)

On an unrelated and funny note, I think Zedina is getting worried...everything "Negative" towards Jamie or the server is met with 1 of these:
Untitled.png

It's cute...he's watching everything we say!

I shall combat this with a Like of my own.

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
Why am i like what? most of my posts have 100% valid unargueable points on it, Jamie chooses to ignore it. He knows im nice or i could drop him in it but i wont do that as i respect him as an coder.

Zed had point though, rather than Jamie being mature and replying to the server questions/majority of players hes to busy acting like an child with pottsy with childish (attempted banter ill call it) remarks/replys. Says it all about the GM, we both know Jamie your end game, Exactly like Marble by looks of it, i thought you might have changed seeing as its your second server but nope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.