Zircon Server Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Observer mode seems a novelty that doesn't need to exist, Mir is not a spectator game, it's addictive but also dull. Also why would you prefer to observe a SW/DMW rather than participate? It's a creative new feature but I just don't see the point...

Zero drops PVP/PVE is a mistake. Why go against the majority of your users? Death should always be punishable.....if not PVP, at least PVE.

MirinBrah?

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2014
[FONT=&quot]What happens when, as has been the case forever, a warrior goes and checks if a boss is in. If it is, the rest of the guild makes their way there (clearing or rting to KR regardless). That's a common tactic. What happens when the warrior arrives at the KR, finds enemy guild killing after clearing mobs. He opens bag, puts his best defensive kit on, and lures as much as possible repeatedly on the boss, stopping them. Either indefinitely, or until his guild arrives. Is this considered grief?[/FONT]

you wrath grip them or beckon them , mir 3 has PVP skills you cant really just run around like on mir 2 refusing to fight

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Observer mode seems a novelty that doesn't need to exist, Mir is not a spectator game, it's addictive but also dull. Also why would you prefer to observe a SW/DMW rather than participate? It's a creative new feature but I just don't see the point...

Zero drops PVP/PVE is a mistake. Why go against the majority of your users? Death should always be punishable.....if not PVP, at least PVE.

if you can't play when sw/mw is on, you can view anyone that went to the war that was allowing observer option. Kinda like a recording

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Guess nobody reads lol.

Jamie intends to have something setup that Wars etc are recorded, kind of like Twitch recordings and can be viewed later or, as Shane said, viewed if for some reason you can't participate.

The drops discussion has become stale lol, let it go. If this is really what makes Mir playable to you...then don't play?

The rest of us will have fun, you won't be missed, so stop talking as if it's going to make or break the server, because it's not lol.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Let's be honest, it might make or break the server. Nobody can categorically say otherwise.

I'm not saying it will or won't, I don't have a crystal ball, and neither do you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Guess nobody reads lol.

Jamie intends to have something setup that Wars etc are recorded, kind of like Twitch recordings and can be viewed later or, as Shane said, viewed if for some reason you can't participate.

The drops discussion has become stale lol, let it go. If this is really what makes Mir playable to you...then don't play?

The rest of us will have fun, you won't be missed, so stop talking as if it's going to make or break the server, because it's not lol.
Im sure its going to be fun with 9 players online!

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Guess nobody reads lol.

I read but I don't see how other players need the option other than the GM to record from multiple perspectives...others should be taking part (if you can view it then you can participate, bar maybe low levels) and then you can just fraps it etc.

It has potential for wars but I don't think its needed for any other time. I personally don't want to be watched or want to watch others so its fair that I'll be punished for it (less exp/drops)?

As for drops......its a fundamental aspect of the game so it's important. I've accepted that PVP drops won't exist but PVE 100% should for a number of reasons (have already been stated).

Mir is a small community so you're wrong, all potential players will be missed. I've been around mir since the start, always active, competitive and usually lead a guild. I'm sure someone would miss me......a little 😜

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Don't mind Pottsy, he's self appointed himself as some sort of spokesman and resident carrot jockey. Fiercely defending any decision Jamie makes like a lap dog.

Still a better love story than Twilight.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Don't mind Pottsy, he's self appointed himself as some sort of spokesman and resident carrot jockey. Fiercely defending any decision Jamie makes like a lap dog.

Rfvi4ee.png

Achievement Unlocked

Lightstorm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2005
I really don't get all this rubbish over no death drops. I actually feel sorry for you if the only reason you play Mir is for this point. The game has had no death drops on official servers for years. Also you didn't see the players who voted against drops, saying they would quit over the matter. We all know you're all still going to play, and boss fights for drops are always still a big part of the game. So its really not like you will have no incentive to pk.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
I really don't get all this rubbish over no death drops. I actually feel sorry for you if the only reason you play Mir is for this point. The game has had no death drops on official servers for years. Also you didn't see the players who voted against drops, saying they would quit over the matter. We all know you're all still going to play, and boss fights for drops are always still a big part of the game. So its really not like you will have no incentive to pk.

No PVP deaths is frustrating but it's the no PVE drops that is 'upsetting' for a lot of us. All official servers had PVE drops....

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
I have barely experienced the fun side of PvP in Mir, I had a fun fight back on chronicles against a Sin, even managed to win after nearly dying multiple times.

But 90% of the time I would just get ganked by someone who plays all day everyday, for no reason what soever.

This is the life of a casual player, I wouldn't mind death drops if the full time players would actually leave the casuals alone in peace, but there is very very few people that actually do leave you alone.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
huh i dont think anybody will keep spectator mode enabled i dont want creeps watching me

Xiler

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
Why not have a one time choice when you make you character if you want death drops on your character?

By the sounds of it the majority of the server will pick "yes" unless they are just talking out their arse. Lets face it from the chat here the only ones that don't like/ are crap at PvP don't want body drops , right? There cant be much fun in killing those people....

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
death drops is the best way IMO as Adv stated. and also people some times just want to pk people thats spoke utter shite in sz. its ok killing them they die no harm. if they drop a item they've been hunting for weeks to get massive loss for them big gain for you. vice versa, if you dont want to tt rt? or. if you cant rt tt go to a next cave. why bens servers was so fun at mw ect. people would turn up for a scrap knowing they would gain out of the situation. and i think not being able to drop from bag or body will result in a lot of people greifing. i mean what will they lose? apart from wasting others time while they kill a boss. if the person wants to try fight another for a boss or item so be it. you dont drop 1/1. again server looks good like how your asking people what they think also before making decisions havent played no mir recently and will more than likely be playing this

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Not at all lol.

There's decisions that i don't agree with, but people fail to see that's it's his server lol.

Most of you comment on functions and content that to be frank...is not up to you. Many of you use the excuse of being a Mir2 or Mir3 players as defence, or the fact that they are grinding away in an Alpha as rights to dictate what goes on and act pissy when it's not done your way lol.

Think having no PK drops will change the game for you? Ok....Bye bye?

I've come to play an actual playable Mir3 server, which it will be. The content and how it's maintained will determine how long i play it for...if it doesn't reach my expectation, then i'll move on....you know, just like we've all done for the past decade?

Achievement Unlocked

Yeh...If you could now change it back that would be great?

Or do these supposed comedy actions last a number of weeks?

Im sure its going to be fun with 9 players online!

You're talking about people who are happily grinding to Lv40+ in an Alpha....knowing it will be wiped....with currently no PKing, let alone death drops...

I have low expectations of peoples ability to stay away simply because Death drops aren't a thing lol.

Last edited:

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex
Add an option to toggle death drop on and off. If on, you can drop, but can't drop of someone who has theirs off. That way, people who wanna play rough, have the option to.

Cythraul

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2016
Trying to create an account and wants referral email, which I don't have as I picked up the server from here. Anyone help please

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Would just be a **** show, people go to check a boss, group there understand they can't win that fight so like Adv said, put on Def kit as everybody will just carry 2 kits with no risk of dropping them and would just lure over and over. < For people defending this saying they wouldn't your most likely chatting **** unless your just a really nice player ( there are a few )

If i traveled for a boss and i knew it would drop well and i couldn't win the fight i'd stand there and lure untill they ran out of pots just for fact it could drop a nice item.

Status
Not open for further replies.