Heroes Rise - [Crystal M2] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Going to say this again, I would highly recommend to not make any changes over 5% unless you have tested fully (seeing as these are usually ran by 1-2 man teams means you do not have the man power to cover all your bases especially if you are only giving yourself 1 day of testing.). Humans are super prone to making mistakes and no matter how confident you are about the changes you made... if you don't have the math to support I would not make any changes over 5% to make sure you don't have to change in the opposite direction which is one of the worst things that can happen.

Please take what we are saying with some truth to it. No we are not talking about stuff to make our classes OP. If you can show where I have said something that would insinuate that, please quote me. I don't want to spend time on a server just so people leave due to balance so I advocate for fairness with classes.

I am not saying this to be mean but we have spent more time with actually playing the server than you have as we have come across enormous amounts of issues that need changing that could of been dealt with in beta testing. Could it be due to a 1 man team, yes I can see that but when all I have to say is Auto-Patcher not ready for live release.. well what else do I have to say to prove my point?

I am assuming this is your first server so these mistakes are going to happen which I understand since I develop myself and the only way you are going to create a paradigm that makes sense and what works is for you to also find out what breaks, crashes and what doesn't work.

+1 to this

I made the same mistakes with mine at beginning, making massive swing changes for the first 2 weerks.

Totally hammered my Usercount and it's not really recovered, even though the majority of it is now fixed.

If you can, get a Windows Linode VPS, and invite a few people on to test changes before going live. The server will run on a VPS, albeit not very well but it is fit for purpose.

It is absolutely impossiable to test things on your own, I usually just put stuff ingame and wing it but it doesnt always work out well.

Also try and ignore all the people giving u grief, no-one is ever happy.

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
Not sure how you even have the nerve to moan about sins being weak after you been running around smashing bosses and 1 hitting players for the past 3/4 days and nothing was done about it

What? You say nothing has been done about it but the update today made those changes. I agree the change should of happened sooner but saying nothing was done about it is different than it should of happened sooner. Maybe this is me reading this in the wrong context.

Even if they are going around 1 shotting players and smashing bosses that isn't their fault as they don't make the final decision. Also just because someone is super strong doing 1 shot mechanics and smashing bosses is in no right to then make them very underwhelming compared to most classes like there is some "evening out" factor that needs to pan it all out.

Dark Body is a skill that can be used for damage or flinching and that all comes down to what the GM wants its purpose to be. Just because the last server you played on DB was used as a flinch should not be automatically thought of as a flinch in another server if that is the mentality you had for it. Seeing as it was doing 5k damage one would actually think the GM was wanting it to be used as a damage spell initially, but IDK that is why we have the forums to discuss this rather than insult... isn't it?

What I just witnessed when I logged on after the update is that there needs to be some more testing with wizards and sins.

Last edited:

DeathAngel

Banned
Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Right okay so I managed to get magicshield down to 35%..

Trollypolly, You are absolutely right, I did several testings, tested every spell 5-6 times but when I opened the server.. boom every one pmd me moaning. in the end, every one just wants his class to be the most over powered class.

SkyPie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2011
USA
Trollypolly & Nightscare nailed it dead on. Testing should be with a group 1-2teams to help improve testing and get the feedback right away. Also you'll never make everyone happy, you'll still have people crying. Focus on main issues, work them out, and keep it going :D

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
+1 to this

I made the same mistakes with mine at beginning, making massive swing changes for the first 2 weerks.

Totally hammered my Usercount and it's not really recovered, even though the majority of it is now fixed.

If you can, get a Windows Linode VPS, and invite a few people on to test changes before going live. The server will run on a VPS, albeit not very well but it is fit for purpose.

It is absolutely impossiable to test things on your own, I usually just put stuff ingame and wing it but it doesnt always work out well.

Also try and ignore all the people giving u grief, no-one is ever happy.

It ain't grief I'm giving him, when he's telling the server skills have been fixed on every reboot for the past 4 days lol, it's only frustration because he's incapable really. He claims he makes changes then he reboots and ****s off for 6 hours without even testing it... like I said, I'm giving u advice by saying take your server down, actually do a beta test and actually have people help you balance classes and skills, then sort your server out, people have gained and abused there skills too much personally. I know a good chunk of us have quit due too not being able to hunt purely because we was sitting ducks with dark body and crescent slash just ripping us apart, and magic shield where we did so little damage it just got boring so fast after telling you the issues time and time again to get ignored.

DeathAngel

Banned
Banned
Jul 16, 2017
It ain't grief I'm giving him, when he's telling the server skills have been fixed on every reboot for the past 4 days lol, it's only frustration because he's incapable really. He claims he makes changes then he reboots and ****s off for 6 hours without even testing it... like I said, I'm giving u advice by saying take your server down, actually do a beta test and actually have people help you balance classes and skills, then sort your server out, people have gained and abused there skills too much personally. I know a good chunk of us have quit due too not being able to hunt purely because we was sitting ducks with dark body and crescent slash just ripping us apart, and magic shield where we did so little damage it just got boring so fast after telling you the issues time and time again to get ignored.

right, I was thinking that changing assassin clone's dc in database would change it but i was totally wrong.

What are you even complaining about now .. seriously ? their all done now

the only thing that needs fixing is magicshield (WHICH I JUST FIXED)

and, If you think balancing a server and making a server is so easy .. then there u go, crystal server files are 50 mb go download them and show us your talent?

also, show us how you are going to change the spells in coding and fixing their damage, removing critical **** .. fixing buffs, removing 100s of lines of codes in about 10 places just to adjust 1 small thing?

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
right, I was thinking that changing assassin clone's dc in database would change it but i was totally wrong.

What are you even complaining about now .. seriously ? their all done now

the only thing that needs fixing is magicshield (WHICH I JUST FIXED)

and, If you think balancing a server and making a server is so easy .. then there u go, crystal server files are 50 mb go download them and show us your talent?

also, show us how you are going to change the spells in coding and fixing their damage, removing critical **** .. fixing buffs, removing 100s of lines of codes in about 10 places just to adjust 1 small thing?

i have no intention of making one, due too actually being employed I don't have the sufficient time, but I always help my friends with testing and balancing there servers when they ask for it, due too playing Mir since it was first released, so a lot of the time I know what I'm talking about, not trying to be rude but I know your saying there fixed now but I've heard that for past 4 days and tbh you left it way too late, you've lost a fair few users due to this matter.

DeathAngel

Banned
Banned
Jul 16, 2017
well i didn't think it required coding, i just changed in database .. logged 2 charas and hit with a dark body.

it didn't hit that quite damage so i thought it got fixed.

after i reboot, i get moan pms again.

I'm not saying i'm the best coder, but these stuff that when I ask for time to fix they are very hard.

you all were moaning because of sins .. well guess what? sins are now fixed

you all were moaning that taoists buffs give **** buff .. well guess what? taoist buffs are now fixed

you complained that flying king is **** and there's nothing new about it ? well crosshalfmoon got added to it - it's not that simple and it requires coding.

you also complained that soulfireball was **** .. and its now fixed

ABOUT magicshield - i just found out whats wrong and reduced to 35%, i'm gonna do few testing now and if it requires to lower it more i will.

when I ask for time, then give me time .. I'm not even english so I don't under stand the code very well until I keep reading it 10 or 20 times or just ask for help from a friend.

nothing is very easy in coding especially when you are not english / not a coder..

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
well i didn't think it required coding, i just changed in database .. logged 2 charas and hit with a dark body.

it didn't hit that quite damage so i thought it got fixed.

after i reboot, i get moan pms again.

I'm not saying i'm the best coder, but these stuff that when I ask for time to fix they are very hard.

you all were moaning because of sins .. well guess what? sins are now fixed

you all were moaning that taoists buffs give **** buff .. well guess what? taoist buffs are now fixed

you complained that flying king is **** and there's nothing new about it ? well crosshalfmoon got added to it - it's not that simple and it requires coding.

you also complained that soulfireball was **** .. and its now fixed

ABOUT magicshield - i just found out whats wrong and reduced to 35%, i'm gonna do few testing now and if it requires to lower it more i will.

when I ask for time, then give me time .. I'm not even english so I don't under stand the code very well until I keep reading it 10 or 20 times or just ask for help from a friend.

nothing is very easy in coding especially when you are not english / not a coder..

flying king still broke from what I saw earlier after attacking mobs it don't walk for like 10-15 secs after, not sure who asked for sfb buff

DeathAngel

Banned
Banned
Jul 16, 2017
right so about magicshield it has been reduced from 50% to 20%..

I DID TEST. I changed to 35%, couldn't even touch wiz

I changed to 30%, 1/10 chance to hit

I changed to 25%, 1/6 chance to hit

I changed to 20%, 1/2 chance to hit and the damage is redcued

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014

I 100% feel for you here Death.

I guess this would be something that people should know about you which at the start of opening the server this should of been made clear (unless this was stated and I missed it somewhere) :

A) English isn't your native language
B) You are not a coder or not a coder familiar with the coding language.
C) The code is in English.
D) This whole server setup is a brand new job for you in which you have 0 training.

Of course this doesn't look good on paper but if I had to guess the other way will just cause more stress for you with deadlines that cannot be made as being ignorant (I am not meaning ignorant in a bad way, more of a "not knowing") to the code will slow you down.

---------

What a portion of people were/are thinking/assuming (this isn't an absolute this is just my assumption based on peoples reactions) :
A) He has a server so he must know coding.
B) We see him talk in English so we can safely assume English is very common to him to understand like we do.
C) If we assume A and B are true then why is it taking you so long to fix stuff?

---------

My personal say here :
A) Do not let these very toxic words from people get you down. I understand you are a kid (I don't mean this in a bad way) and new to this whole shabang with Mir servers. If there is one thing I don't understand are the actions and words some people take to "demean" or "put down" server owners to the point where these people have the worst type of criticism that they just want to crush your drive to make another server. Thus dwindling the Mir community (The server owner part too which is a pretty big deal I would say).

I hope you (Death and other server owners) can just ignore the toxic posts, be open minded, learn from your mistakes and keep trying. I'm telling you this though, don't be shocked if your first server falls flat on its face. Keep trying and I bet eventually you will make something very awesome. Some of your responses to people are good but don't let the frustration get to you that you want to snap at someone as well, let the players handle that unless you feel the need to step in to shut it down if its getting out of hand.

Last edited:

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Let's be honest , the first version of this he ****ed up hard.

He re-released after about 3 hours of testing. Added a new class , didn't test anything , kicks off when criticised , doesn't listen to rational thoughts , actively seems to be looking for arguments with anyone on LOMCN.

The guy is nowhere near GM material , yet for some reason you all tried his server ? I did it the first time out of naivety , second time I wasn't retarded enough to play longer than an hour.

DeathAngel

Banned
Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Let's be honest , the first version of this he ****ed up hard.

He re-released after about 3 hours of testing. Added a new class , didn't test anything , kicks off when criticised , doesn't listen to rational thoughts , actively seems to be looking for arguments with anyone on LOMCN.

The guy is nowhere near GM material , yet for some reason you all tried his server ? I did it the first time out of naivety , second time I wasn't retarded enough to play longer than an hour.

3 hours of testing.. yup .. you clearly have no idea about servers and you have no idea how exhausting it could be to add 1 cave.

I have tested the server for more than 20 hours.. it all seemed fine, but ther are some things that you can't find your self .. testing alone.

@Trollypolly.. english is a thing and the coding is a different thing. . It needs some very good english man to under stand the code.. and I'm still learning. .

I won't let these comments let me down for sure, my server will hopefully stay online until it makes 0 profit because it doesn't stay online on the air you know.. and actually so far 0 donations so yup..

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
Gona give my 2 cent on the server:

server was not to bad till u got fed the wrong info then i got shots fired at me for apparantly giving u wrong info about class skills. i got alot comments when playing this server sayign i was feeding wrong info.

With the guys i will mention this is not hate to you guys as i think your sound guys. (Friend two,Shurikan)

Apparantly i fed u the wrong info on classes >Death< acording to FriendTwo/ just to clerify did i mention that u need to nerf any other classes skill other than assasins DarkBody,CresSlash,Hemmorage? I was an Assasin (SinsCreed)

Then Shurikan Piped up and decided to have ago yet he was the one in discord screaming his little heart out when people found out CresSlash,DarkBody was op saying no its not (Legit Thought He Was Gona Cry ;p

I was Playing an Assasin and even i knew it was broken and reported it strait away and even i agree darkbody 90% of the time is a semi decent pvp skill for flinch. The issue was the exploding dmg not the hitting stages before exploding.

Back to the Game points and our disscusions between me n death which he can confirm.

If im correct all i talked about was hemmorage,darkbody,CresSlash (I was a Sin) and then i said to u i cant even touch a wiz with my releven kit and lvl(Thats all i said about other classes) then asked if he tested the new spells he replyed yes(So me and a few other with the new spells and went and tested on our own and it was clear to see that the skills were clearly not tested to scale dmg.

Then asked him if he can test soem of the other spells with other corasponding classes for there opinion.

In my opinion 2nd time round could of been great but u let people get to your head and make u rush the re-launch/ nothing can be done now to solve this. Just An Idea (remove assasins and replace people with lvls and kit to there required class choice could be a great option) Also if u make this time round the beta / re test and relaunch the server in a week or so u will 50% lose most of the usercount but if people acctualy realy enjoy your server like i did they would rejoin when its fixed balanced and tested throug not just testing the first 80 levels.

But Due to the things ive seen and come accross in game I am have left the server But i would defo say give it ago if u like high rates but be patient i guess im not a patient guy.

GL and hope u can learn more and inprove on your server/ future servers

Last edited:

SkyPie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2011
USA
Reason behind people messaging you Havok and thinking you were the cause of the drastic changes was because you were the only one making comments about all other classes and spells. But I will admit you did come around and say "nevermind, it's fine" after seeing it tested on you.

As far as DeathAngel, don't let the negative comments fuel your fire. We all know running a server can be stressful, but what can tick people off is when drastic changes are made, and everything's "fine" but it really isn't. Just absorb everything your community is saying, weed out the negatives, and adjust to the positives. You have a great server... it can be better, but we all know it takes time to get it right. No server is PERFECT. If there was, we wouldn't need to test out new servers every so often to see if we like it.

Always feel free to grab me in game to test some things out if you want. (FriendThree)

DeathAngel

Banned
Banned
Jul 16, 2017
thank you all, i really appreciate these amazing comments..

i will never let any one keep me down.. i'm currently working on an update with also an event, will be very good hopefully

---------- Post Merged at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:18 PM ----------

https://ufile.io/mdjn6 - NEWEST AUTOPATCHER (Updated in all links)

You have to use this to re-connect to game.. (It has a new client ..)

---------- Post Merged at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:04 PM ----------

New client / Reboot changes:

Magic Shield Reduced to 20% (No complainings now .. And also I have tested it yup..) It's perfect now.

Dark Body damage buffed by 5%

---------- Post Merged at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Also, Leveling Areas has been removed from the game.. (This is to fix mobs lag) - Replaced with PvP Arenas (NOT WORKING YET)

They'll be working soon, they have loads of scripts that needs looking at and even coding new stuff for no exploits..

Everything is great now, get back in game!! all classes are just fine now!

DarkDragon14

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2003
Orlando, Florida
Havok I never said anything about you specifically. I said that whoever he is listening to is giving some pretty awful input on certain classes. It did seem fairly obvious it was you though, when everyday you would message me and tell me something is going to get changed that you agree with, and then it would be changed the next day (i.e poisoncloud CD when you don't even play a tao and then when you saw it tested you changed your mind). Death would not even speak to hardly anyone else so it was fairly frustrating you had all this information from talking to him somehow.

----

Death like many other people are saying, we aren't attacking you, well most of us. We simply wanted to see the server succeed. Like many people said before it did seem a bit rushed and balance issues needed to be ironed out. With english not being your primary language that's even more a reason to have everything ironed out beforehand because you know it will take you a little longer than some people that code for a living and it's their native language. Seems like you are on the right track so just keep working. Good luck with it.

-FriendTwo