ArtificialMir.com

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Looks promising. Best of luck.

One thing of note, on the website the external links open in the same window, (take you away from the website) might want to have them open a new tab instead.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Please for christ sake sort out an autopatcher....

Last edited:

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
It just uses the default Crystal M2 Client Far manages, I don't intend to move from that although yes I will sort something for automatically updating the client.exe but it's quite low on my priority list I'm afraid :(

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
It just uses the default Crystal M2 Client Far manages, I don't intend to move from that although yes I will sort something for automatically updating the client.exe but it's quite low on my priority list I'm afraid :(

its like a 2 minute jobbie...

can only hope mirfiles has no bandwidth limits, the amount of people using/abusing it =-/

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
I actually spoke to Tai ahead of this about the bandwidth, trust me everything is fine bro :)

Amrod

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
poland
hmm i was think its added some special thinks for server ;p but is basic ;p kill omas and cats ;p then go bw and not see any quest to do

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
hmm i was think its added some special thinks for server ;p but is basic ;p kill omas and cats ;p then go bw and not see any quest to do

The whole point of the server is to make it like Official Mir.

Crisps

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Nov 15, 2016
The whole point of the server is to make it like Official Mir.

Been there, done that. With a small community that have played this official theme over and over, it’s gets boring. Unless they’ve thrown in a new feel or element to it then I don’t see this doing any good. We have chronicles and other servers that follow that official feel so what makes this any better? Sorry but this does not appeal to me. Good luck

Amrod

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
poland
now official not make sense bro ;p ppl neeed some fresh things :) like paragon system, hero system. anyway good luck m8 with project i hope many join :)

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Fair enough if that's your opinion. Let me clarify when I started this project there were no decent file sets available with all the areas as they were, especially not in crystal mir 2 and publically available. This project has set out to improve on whats available to this community as a baseline whilst running a server parallel, partly to add sustainability to the project. Yes, I've not released anything publically yet but in essence, I don't feel the project is far enough down the line to warrant such a release just yet (as you can tell old areas are still being rebuilt).

I don't think anyone else now, or in the foreseeable future will be remaking this content as thoroughly and re-balancing, then making it publically available, and that is our niche, and what sets us appart.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
What server,s work the best? Marble / Chronicles / Ragezone etc etc etc endless list, all the 200+ usercount servers are 95% of the time Low rate that have all the features of euro, with some cool features and maybe a few new maps, like it or not people just love doing 0-40 in the same old caves with your old friends having a laugh in Comms.

As soon as servers start getting silly with Character AI's and all the flashy **** i don't want to play it after that.

P.s heroes system is dog ****, the idea has been about for years now and Eden Elite probably got the closest to having a good system and even then it was just a massive hassle lvling it up then kitting it for it to do what you ask to do about 10% of the time lol it's just to much of a complexed system for Mir.

Reactions: ChaseyLane

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Looks really good great work im looking very foward to playing this once its done. I know people say its offical its boring bla blah blah but tbh what server has lasted longer than two months that has all this fancy paragon systems and rebirth rubbish in it and i mean a server with a real player base not loads of afk alts and bots.

The only server worth playing at all is chron and that is a low rate as close to any kind of offical feel server out there and lets face it even that is slowey going down hill the commuinty is screaming out for a real server to pop up and grind away on and tbh i hope this is it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Netskee

Crisps

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Nov 15, 2016
Fair enough if that's your opinion. Let me clarify when I started this project there were no decent file sets available with all the areas as they were, especially not in crystal mir 2 and publically available. This project has set out to improve on whats available to this community as a baseline whilst running a server parallel, partly to add sustainability to the project. Yes, I've not released anything publically yet but in essence, I don't feel the project is far enough down the line to warrant such a release just yet (as you can tell old areas are still being rebuilt).

I don't think anyone else now, or in the foreseeable future will be remaking this content as thoroughly and re-balancing, then making it publically available, and that is our niche, and what sets us appart.

Ok so I have misunderstood. I’m not slating low rates or official themed servers, just saying if there’s no content, new features that are appealing then I cant see this doing good. But if it’s the same thing over and over and nothing new, it will flop. But since you are doing it to improve the files and then releasing it, that’s something. All the best

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Thing is like i stated previously people just wanna grind that 0-45 content... Look at Paragon, gave the Mir community everything they've been crying out for its so unique yet, pretty much dead already.

Server creators just can't win at the minute.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
been there, done that. even got the t-shirt... ;)

went on but got bored, almost instantly...

I must admit, a lot of the work at the moment does seem quite back-end focused and doesn't seem to add much from a player perspective, that was necessary but our focus is gradually changing, if you speak to the people who have invested a lot of time into playing the server they will tell a story of how we came to be here, and up until very recently feature related changes were impossible for me since Xander has been very busy.

I'm working with someone else as well who hasn't played mir before but is fluent in c# Delphi and many other languages. He's motivated and possibly one of the greatest assets to have touched the mir source, but I would be biased. I wouldn't be surprised once he gets familiar with the source code that we too will have revolutionary new features for the newer content, but for now, the new stuff we add is focused on getting the known parts of the original game in functional order which in itself is a lot of work, but we're making good progress.

It's maybe not for everyone but for people after the nostalgia of the original games this should be unparalleled, and when I came to start work on this that certainly seemed to be in high demand, so the player count should no doubt increase. I haven't had a lot of time to generate interest in the game as I've been busy fixing and upgrading it but there will be more media content/information here soon, which should attract new players but I really hope the content of the game server speaks for itself.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I must admit, a lot of the work at the moment does seem quite back-end focused and doesn't seem to add much from a player perspective, that was necessary but our focus is gradually changing, if you speak to the people who have invested a lot of time into playing the server they will tell a story of how we came to be here, and up until very recently feature related changes were impossible for me since Xander has been very busy.

I'm working with someone else as well who hasn't played mir before but is fluent in c# Delphi and many other languages. He's motivated and possibly one of the greatest assets to have touched the mir source, but I would be biased. I wouldn't be surprised once he gets familiar with the source code that we too will have revolutionary new features for the newer content, but for now, the new stuff we add is focused on getting the known parts of the original game in functional order which in itself is a lot of work, but we're making good progress.

It's maybe not for everyone but for people after the nostalgia of the original games this should be unparalleled, and when I came to start work on this that certainly seemed to be in high demand, so the player count should no doubt increase. I haven't had a lot of time to generate interest in the game as I've been busy fixing and upgrading it but there will be more media content/information here soon, which should attract new players but I really hope the content of the game server speaks for itself.
look forward to it

Status
Not open for further replies.