Paragon Infinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Re: Paragon Infinity Mir

@everyone bringing crap, why do you have to bring **** to this threas when its obvious it will be a great server?

@hany Wow was a successfull mmo? you havent seen legion have you? it still is and its the best it has ever been.

@ben and hany In a future update maybe consider invasion type instances like the new invasion points in the latest patch (of wow)

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

@hany Wow was a successfull mmo? you havent seen legion have you? it still is and its the best it has ever been.

Depends on your perspective. As a relatively hardcore raider since Sunwell (Chasing server 1st's all the way up to Deathwing) interest started to dwindle once the raids got trivial around Mists of Pandaria.
I remember coming back late in Warlords, after leaving due to working abroad, jumped straight into heroic Highmaul in blue kit MT'ing with zero effort. Solo tanking the 2 tank bosses every week because our other tank was absolute **** etc... When you don't need to apply any effort the appeal is gone, as an MT not having to time CD's, pay attention to movement etc, there is nothing to do except spam a rotation i could do with my eyes closed. (tho i guess this is pretty much Mir in a nutshell)

I don't deny that it was a great game, of course it was. However, nothing since compared to the enjoyment prior to Pandaria. I did continue to play for a bit into Legion, however that was solely due to the social aspect, being in the same guild, same people since Yogg (My first raid with them, what scary as **** Haha)

This went way off topic, sorry.

Still looking forward to see how this pans out.
People saying they don't like the new ideas that they haven't even tried yet should just be deleted.

OhBaby

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
May 26, 2015

those skills must be fast he goes bald when hes using them ha ha

ipwnu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2015

Definitely interesting done right the items thing could definitely work.

Instances opens up so many fun possibilities. Can spawn a lord or something in there once a week and let people go mental on each other with body drops turned on.

Be nice to have the ability to catch up without top guild just smashing you out of the cave every time. (Been both sides of this and it gets boring )

Need the balance though where top guilds still have to fight for things

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

While the server looks fantastic (from pictures) and the ideas are awesome theres no harm taking the best ideas from different MMOs while Server owners and creators are contantly refreshing rebuilding servers people are going to mention Bens history whether they think they are good or bad, Ben will always have supporters but he will always have his negative followers just makes me think would it of got a better acception if say Hany posted the advert but reference Ben as a team member, I would like to wish you3 the best of luck.

I shall be tryin this one, but if its anything like the other HR servers doubt id stay. Im more pro LR

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

While the server looks fantastic (from pictures) and the ideas are awesome theres no harm taking the best ideas from different MMOs while Server owners and creators are contantly refreshing rebuilding servers people are going to mention Bens history whether they think they are good or bad, Ben will always have supporters but he will always have his negative followers just makes me think would it of got a better acception if say Hany posted the advert but reference Ben as a team member, I would like to wish you3 the best of luck.

I shall be tryin this one, but if its anything like the other HR servers doubt id stay. Im more pro LR

All they will be focused on is the user count, that will tell them the success and failure of the server. The opinions of the "pros" of LOMCN mean very little, despite what they might think lol.

I imagine Ben is 1 of the ones who have had the most backlash is the past, and i'd bet he has become quite adept in ignoring the lack of constructive bullshit that comes in these threads lol.

If it's out in October, i'll definitely be giving it a crack...beginning to get a big itch for Mir lately, having nothing decent to jump onto.

ipwnu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2015

All they will be focused on is the user count, that will tell them the success and failure of the server. The opinions of the "pros" of LOMCN mean very little, despite what they might think lol.

I imagine Ben is 1 of the ones who have had the most backlash is the past, and i'd bet he has become quite adept in ignoring the lack of constructive bullshit that comes in these threads lol.

If it's out in October, i'll definitely be giving it a crack...beginning to get a big itch for Mir lately, having nothing decent to jump onto.

Love bens servers pk is always amazing on it agree with you definitely getting that itch nothings really scratched since marble

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Is the first server that has excited me for a while (Zircon does too, but that's more as it's something different to standard Mir - whereas this is standard Mir with twists).

I'll be giving it a shot for sure.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

What time will beta be up Friday ? And is there a client download ready yet or not ?

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014

The irony.

Welcome back you 3, looking forward to it.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK

Yeah that's true, we've got alot of ideas from wow, but honestly i see nothing wrong with that, wow was such a successful mmo, it's not only WoW we're basing/"stealing" our ideas from.

We're trying new things, for instance The Hero Defense type map is a moba map (Dota/LoL Type map)

2 lanes, 2 teams each team has his own boss, 2 towers for each team. (Creeps spawning, Mega Creeps (When you destroy both enemy towers your team will start spawning mega creeps instead of normal creeps etc)

You're meant to protect your king and kill the enemy team king to win.

241pldy.jpg
Had this same idea awhile back, nice to see it being implemented into mir. The only issue i saw with it is it requires a fairly active user count who enjoys pvp to work if you intend to do 5v5.

Need / greed system is also something i'v wanted to see for a long time. GL

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

Oh damn spell check police is here, on mobile so its a simplo typo,

Dont think many servers can offer so much in terms of images and website then find out it fails so hard.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Oh damn spell check police is here, on mobile so its a simplo typo,

Dont think many servers can offer so much in terms of images and website then find out it fails so hard.

Spell check community support officer thank you very much!!!

Yeah, that site was top notch in relation to usual standards.

ipwnu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2015

Any plans for how donations will be handled yet ? Will none donators be able to compete on here ?

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Any plans for how donations will be handled yet ? Will none donators be able to compete on here ?

We can guess the answer to this already. Hopefully though the items/bonuses able to be bought won't be too bad, and the playing field won't be too divided.