1.9 V 2.3

smoochy boys on tour

markflynn1984

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 22, 2003
Manchester UK
which do you think is best 1.9 ver files or 2.3 files please post reasons for choice

I am thinking of setting up a server and I have been working on 2.3 files so far but before I go to far I wanna know which are best?

Thank You To Anyone Who Posts

Mark

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
which do you think is best 1.9 ver files or 2.3 files please post reasons for choice

I am thinking of setting up a server and I have been working on 2.3 files so far but before I go to far I wanna know which are best?

Thank You To Anyone Who Posts

Mark

Do you mean the 2.3 server files with the sources?

If so then definatly 2.3.

Either way, go with the files which have source code, then you can make your server different from all the rest. Even if you wanted a 1.9 server, you can code the sources to be how you want 1.9.

Anywho, choose the sourcecodes.

/Ash

markflynn1984

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 22, 2003
Manchester UK
Do you mean the 2.3 server files with the sources?

If so then definatly 2.3.

Either way, go with the files which have source code, then you can make your server different from all the rest. Even if you wanted a 1.9 server, you can code the sources to be how you want 1.9.

Anywho, choose the sourcecodes.

/Ash

TBH i have svn files with source but i dont know where to start with touching them lol

I mean if i wanted to make mirroring for a war/tao where wud i start I have done the slave edit on my source files but i dont know how he thought of doing that i mean how did he know to go to grobal then objmon3 etc its weird lol.

all my server edit have mostly come from just editing string / !setup etc and files like that. I wanted to put @home command in for a user to go to sz without teleport but dont know where to start in by making a new command like that.

anyway thanks for reply m8 just wish i was mint with delphi and knew how to code new things.

Mark

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
TBH i have svn files with source but i dont know where to start with touching them lol

I mean if i wanted to make mirroring for a war/tao where wud i start I have done the slave edit on my source files but i dont know how he thought of doing that i mean how did he know to go to grobal then objmon3 etc its weird lol.

all my server edit have mostly come from just editing string / !setup etc and files like that. I wanted to put @home command in for a user to go to sz without teleport but dont know where to start in by making a new command like that.

anyway thanks for reply m8 just wish i was mint with delphi and knew how to code new things.

Mark

You wouldn't have to jump right in with bigger developments such as the slave system, as no would be able to just jump in and do something like that, it requires learning.

You'd probebly be better looking at other peoples edits, and implementing them into your server and playing around with them to see what effects things have and such.

This leading you to start making your own smaller edits until you feel comfortable with Delphi. Then you can work on bigger edits.

But for example, you could make a whole new set of potions, which do +50 damage for half a hour and stuff like that by just looking at what others have done. This also leading to having a unique server.

If you try it and can;t seem to grasp it, then maybe its not right for you, but Coding is wierd, some people get it straight away and others have to look and look at it until the light clicks and then you suddenly feel more comfortable with it.

Good-luck

/Ash

markflynn1984

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 22, 2003
Manchester UK
You wouldn't have to jump right in with bigger developments such as the slave system, as no would be able to just jump in and do something like that, it requires learning.

You'd probebly be better looking at other peoples edits, and implementing them into your server and playing around with them to see what effects things have and such.

This leading you to start making your own smaller edits until you feel comfortable with Delphi. Then you can work on bigger edits.

But for example, you could make a whole new set of potions, which do +50 damage for half a hour and stuff like that by just looking at what others have done. This also leading to having a unique server.

If you try it and can;t seem to grasp it, then maybe its not right for you, but Coding is wierd, some people get it straight away and others have to look and look at it until the light clicks and then you suddenly feel more comfortable with it.

Good-luck

/Ash

cheers for advice m8 ill have a go :P