Release ACEM2

OxxpqxxO

Dentity
Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
From my time spent on that website they are really specific with naming files, i dont believe thats for ACEM2.

If you want to get that you will have to make an account and top up to get it.

@mir2pion
1706469709519.png

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks, after checking more what the site offers for downloads, I also don't think it has to do with ACEM2 files.
1706472481624.png

When you first posted, I thought those files are what Chronicles originally started with but surely they had source code.

OxxpqxxO

Dentity
Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
Thanks, after checking more what the site offers for downloads, I also don't think it has to do with ACEM2 files.
View attachment 33697

When you first posted, I thought those files are what Chronicles originally started with but surely they had source code.
As far as i know only those 2 i posted are related to what its called ACEM2 on that website, who knows keep and eye open maybe one day there will be a open source aswell somewhere for so called ACEM2.

Reactions: mir2pion

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe needs to be run on winXP (VM)? Is BDE for winXP (or maybe win7) available to get? There is BDE express for win10 but don't know if that would be compatible and also it is not free.
1706505402870-png.33705

Attachments

• 1706505402870.png
    1706505402870.png
    288.4 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
But it is trial ware and most likely there will be other stumbling points before the server would run, plus fooling around with client and in the meantime the trial period would expire... and hacked program is nowhere to be had, at least from a brief check.

There is a free BDE but 32-bit only. I think I have somewhere winXP VM

But what I find weird is that in all my years here on the forum, I don't know about anybody who would at least say he got files of this type going (the type where you got log, run, sel gates... I recall at least one or two occasions when files were uploaded here and I was even able to start the whole shebang of those panels but then it was hanging on something, don't remember what it was, likely have those files still somewhere. But nobody claimed he got those files going.

Either experts with such setup are not around anymore, or they don't want to offer an advice or even an opinion, so as not to be pulled into more extensive help session. Mind you, if there was a source, it would be Delphi code, right? Ardbeg I recall was the only one who I believe was working on Ruby files which I think is this type of server and code.

Suppose you successfully started the files, you would have a nifty mir2 but in Chinese... Likely there would be no way to translate the server without the code? Or is the language set in the client's libs as in mir3d?

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
But it is trial ware and most likely there will be other stumbling points before the server would run, plus fooling around with client and in the meantime the trial period would expire... and hacked program is nowhere to be had, at least from a brief check.

There is a free BDE but 32-bit only. I think I have somewhere winXP VM

But what I find weird is that in all my years here on the forum, I don't know about anybody who would at least say he got files of this type going (the type where you got log, run, sel gates... I recall at least one or two occasions when files were uploaded here and I was even able to start the whole shebang of those panels but then it was hanging on something, don't remember what it was, likely have those files still somewhere. But nobody claimed he got those files going.

Either experts with such setup are not around anymore, or they don't want to offer an advice or even an opinion, so as not to be pulled into more extensive help session. Mind you, if there was a source, it would be Delphi code, right? Ardbeg I recall was the only one who I believe was working on Ruby files which I think is this type of server and code.

Suppose you successfully started the files, you would have a nifty mir2 but in Chinese... Likely there would be no way to translate the server without the code? Or is the language set in the client's libs as in mir3d?
1706647533499.png

What are the odds lol
I've got delphi source for what i think is Heroes server/client

discord me mate ill pass them over, nothing exciting in these files tbh
found them whilst looking at my old drives

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Probably those Heroes files are what I tried to start in the past but got nowhere. Besides I can't code, only picked up some familiarity with C# but Delphi is out of my reach.

I started to translate the Manual for those ACEM2 files, maybe it might come useful to somebody, will upload it here when done with it.

Reactions: Jev

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I think 2016 is a bit too old, also I think I posted on the release thread.

OxxpqxxO

Dentity
Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
I started to translate the Manual for those ACEM2 files, maybe it might come useful to somebody, will upload it here when done with it.
Nice man, thanks for doing that, i wanted to do it myself but good that you got involved!

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Unfortunately the guide is in proprietary exe file so it cannot be all translated in one go as you can do with .chm or pdf or many other formats.

Judging by the manual, it seems this server is quite developed, not just raw files. There is client exe included and probably that is just what is needed for someone who knows what he is doing to crank this up. I don't know what the client structure is on files like these, maybe the client can be put together from what's included in the server (maps, database etc, besides the client exe file).
Post automatically merged:

==================================

While translating, I came across this expression that always puzzled me, 'item brushing' (there is another such puzzling term 'on hook', also 'synthetic' as in to do with items, maybe crafted items?). I hoped the meaning would become clear from a context if I come across it in game but it never happened yet. Maybe brushing is item spawning on map? Throwing could also mean dropping as in mob drops...

That reminds me once on GN mir2, a Chinese char approached me and said 'match' repeatedly. It took me a while before it dawned on me, he was asking if I have a spare candle or a torch. As he was near me, it wasn't obvious that he didn't have one. And the guy didn't know a word of English, he probably looked it up in a dictionary LOL

This is under the manual entry "Map Brush Items"
1706820520238.png

This will also give you the idea how the translation is done. If I just selected text, the formatting would be destroyed and the info would be useless. It has to be done as image translation and the image is enlarged to 200% so that the translation doesn't come out in so tiny a font as to be virtually unreadable. Chinese text is very economical, English translation takes up much more space as anybody who translated knows well. I have already fired off a suggestion to google translate in the past, asking if we could optionally relax the space the translated text is fitted into, allowing it to overflow the original boundary. Currently the original text is erased and the translation is fitted into that same space, no matter how much it reduces the font size.

But I am not holding my breath that GT will make any such change. I also suggested to have a second button that would not only copy the translated text but also at the same time, delete the original... any such small thing makes a difference when you repeatedly translate hundreds of times.

Last edited:

OxxpqxxO

Dentity
Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
But I am not holding my breath that GT will make any such change. I also suggested to have a second button that would not only copy the translated text but also at the same time, delete the original... any such small thing makes a difference when you repeatedly translate hundreds of times.
Yes that its actualy a great suggestion for GT, i swear it will be so much easy as you said when translating hundreds of times!