Adding a Map

Serenity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2010
How would i add a map from Mmap to the server i have looked via forum but having trouble in the understanding of how to actually do it..

plus all my maps are allready added to Mmap just need to add them to server..

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
You would grab a Wil Viewer, open the mmap.wil and find the corresponding number. Then go into your Mud3/Envir/MiniMap.txt and put the mapnumber then the corresponding minimap number from the wil viewer.

Upvote 0

Serenity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2010
Any chance you can show me an example please as im not 100% sure what you mean..

Sorry for being a pain ;P

Upvote 0

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
Do you want to MAKE the map from the mmap image? - It's very hard.

If you have seen a mmap but you don't know which map ID is, you have two ways:

a) Test map by map until you find the map you are looking for (visiting it with a GM or with a map viewer)

b) Pick a MapInfo.txt and search it by it's name, then you will have it's map ID.

To add the map, you have to add it to MapInfo.txt. If you have found it in this file, then you already had it. Else, add a line like this:

[MapID MapName 0] HORSE

IE:

[0 BichonWall 0] HORSE

Upvote 0

Serenity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2010
in Mmap itself the image is Number 301 302 303 the 3 maps are allready there i just need to no how to add them to server...

how do i no what map file there on in map folder? or do i need to add a file to maps also ?

Upvote 0

Serenity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2010
sorry this is making no sence to me at all...
how can i find something if i dont know what im looking for ?

in Mmap the number of the maps i want to use is 301 302 303..
how would i go about adding them so i can @move (Map) Map = im unsure of the number or what to do..

Upvote 0

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
So you want to know which map ID matches with a mmap image...

As I said, pick the maps which are in the map folder and watch them with a map viewer; then you'll know which map ID is.

Upvote 0

Serenity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2010
what map viewer do you recommend and where can i download it from cos most i have used dont load images..

Upvote 0

Serenity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2010
ok im using that but every image seems to come up in Red an i have no idea why....

any ideas?

Upvote 0

Serenity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2010
no offence hun but that didn't help me at all :(

Right ill try explain in simple terms because people are asking me to export the map into Mmap ( the maps are already in Mmap ) i add the text to Mapinfo.txt but when i load server its telling me it hasn't got a map for what i added wich was [301 RiverOfFlames 0] the actual map number is 301 but cannot find it in Server Map Folder as i have a truck load in there... any suggestions please..

Upvote 0

mapadale

no offence hun but that didn't help me at all :(

Right ill try explain in simple terms because people are asking me to export the map into Mmap ( the maps are already in Mmap ) i add the text to Mapinfo.txt but when i load server its telling me it hasn't got a map for what i added wich was [301 RiverOfFlames 0] the actual map number is 301 but cannot find it in Server Map Folder as i have a truck load in there... any suggestions please..
As well as adding the map to the Mapinfo.txt, it also needs to be added to the Map folder within the server files, if you don't you then start getting errors that EI or CD can't load the file as it's not their.

Also take note that not all the map files are in the map folder, so you will have to search for the correct file for it. Which by the way, river of flames isn't 301 by default.

Upvote 0

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
[301 RiverOfFlames 0]
Well, mmap number doesn't match with map ID. IE:

A dungeon map ID could be D1001.map, but it's mmap number could be 251.
Then you should add:
in MapInfo.txt
[D1001 Dungeon 0]

and in MiniMap.txt
D1001 251

If you want to add the RiverOfFlames maps, then search in forum for this words (LavaTemple, RiverOfFlames or similar) and you will see a mapinfo with these maps :)

Upvote 0

Serenity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2010
Look mapadale your telling me stuff i already know how about telling me something i need to no cos nothing has helped as of yet..

Upvote 0

Serenity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2010
sussed and for future reference to all here are the map ids..

[D006 RiverOfFlames_F1 0] DARK NORECONNECT(0)
[D007 RiverOfFlames_F2 0] DARK NORECONNECT(0)
[D2900 RiverOfFlames_F3 0] DARK NORECONNECT(0)

Upvote 0