advice on college..

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
ok so im thinking about applying for college and ive seen a course that am interested in..
heres abit of info
Can I gain any extra qualifications while on the course? You may consider enrolling on the PC Hardware and Software (A+) course, which will focus on the theory of becoming an ICT Support Technician.
What final qualification will I get if I am successful? OCR CERTIFICATE FOR IT PRACTITIONERS LEVEL 2.
What can I do after completing this course? NVQ 2 FOR IT Users (ITQ), Ad Technician, ITS0028P, PC Hardware and Software (A+), ITS0015P, PC Hardware and Software (Network +), ITS0021P, CISCO CCNA Discovery, Microsoft Windows XP/Vista.

what do you guys think? would it be worth doing or would i just be wasting my time?

Last edited:

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
College is never a waste of time unless you don't take it seriously and/or just do rubbish "ology" courses.

If that's the road you want to take then go for it. I myself finished a 2 year IT course but i'll warn you there's not many jobs around currently so college seems a good way to go.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
yeh i agree finding a job is tough so i guess college is the best option for me atm but yeh IT is the road i want to go down

cheers jealy