Advice Please?

Join Discord

02goswej

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 12, 2004
United Kingdom
hey yawwwl :) aint been on forums a while since i went of comps 0.0 dno how lol, Anyway, im back and i got 500 quid to spend on a laptop. atm i have decided to go for this 1 : http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1027184976.1151608820@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdjaddieihjhegcflgceggdhhmdgmh.0&category_oid=-27751&sku=007865&page=Product&fm=1&sm=1&tm=undefined

but if somone can find me a better one in the UK and not buying online, ty :) i need shops that i can actually go to and buy it in-store as my mum dont like buying things online anyway if this is the best one for my money and needs then ittl do :) just thinking ill get this one and upgrade the HD to 100gb

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
02goswej said:
hey yawwwl :) aint been on forums a while since i went of comps 0.0 dno how lol, Anyway, im back and i got 500 quid to spend on a laptop. atm i have decided to go for this 1 : http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1027184976.1151608820@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdjaddieihjhegcflgceggdhhmdgmh.0&category_oid=-27751&sku=007865&page=Product&fm=1&sm=1&tm=undefined

but if somone can find me a better one in the UK and not buying online, ty :) i need shops that i can actually go to and buy it in-store as my mum dont like buying things online anyway if this is the best one for my money and needs then ittl do :) just thinking ill get this one and upgrade the HD to 100gb

Quick question befor you buy a laptop.

Are you getting the laptop as it'll be useful for mobility as you work on it on the move or is it because you want to think that you have a laptop and can carry it around?

Because i got a laptop awhile back and i thought wow yea! a Laptop but you find that for the same price a computer would be alot faster and you would get better quality for you money usualy...

My computer cost less than my laptop did and my computers atleast 2 x faster.

Just make sure you NEED a laptop befor you buy one..

/Tofas

P.s - the graphics on that laptop sucks, its shared graphics...
the cache aint good either i dont think...

02goswej

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 12, 2004
United Kingdom
i am looking for the laptop for Mobility, Yes :) and im sure it can handle somthing like Mir as jus bout any comp can. My computer sux and it handles WoW, L2 etc etc

comp specs:
Raden 7200 SE
512Ram
2.08Ghz
80GB HD
Windows XP Home
Fujitsu Siemens, Most laptops at that price range are shared graphics, Doesnt really bother me especially when ill only be using it for Mir, MSN, Music, Movies and stuff

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
Just to give you alittle idea of how little mir uses. My laptop handles Ledu without any lag, I use it for the same sort of things you do.

P3 750MHZ
128MB ram
20GB HDD
Rage Mobility 8MB (At leased its not shared :P)