Advice

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Basically ive got my set of server files and im slowing working on them.
I dont know if ill go live anytime in the next 6 months if im honest, its more of a spare time project for fun/learning. So here are my questions.
Should i even bother as TD 2.3 files will be outdated soon?
If i do should i delete everything in DB, Mobs items etc and start from scratch?

Thanks

/Tom

Viper

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2007
Newcastle
All depends on how you want your server to be, if you want it totally custom then delete everything and start from fresh, it will be experience for you in the long run anyway.
wouldn't bother worrying about what files to use if your just doing it as a project because you can always transfer your work over to new files or 2.6 w/e when the time comes.

personally deleting everything in the DB seems well worth it if you have the time and patience to re-do it.

Upvote 0

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
well td is working on his files , so yeap ur wrong ( like always lol )

whos to say Td is going to release them ? Atm all we know is he playing with them

and with all the ppl diggin at him about stuff dunno why he would release

Upvote 0

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
So there is a lot of problems with the files?
I know he's not working on them any more but I thought they were much like TDs files in that, he stopped working on the 2.3 but they were good files and lifco did the same but with 2.6 or am I wrong?

Upvote 0

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
All depends on how you want your server to be, if you want it totally custom then delete everything and start from fresh, it will be experience for you in the long run anyway.
wouldn't bother worrying about what files to use if your just doing it as a project because you can always transfer your work over to new files or 2.6 w/e when the time comes.

personally deleting everything in the DB seems well worth it if you have the time and patience to re-do it.

Cheers m8, i was thinking of doing that tbh. Ill just have a skim through n write down the info ill need, TY man.

Upvote 0

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
I just downloaded phili files restored all the databases, I can't even see the items in there -.- But I always think items from scratch are good

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Cheers chris, any ideas why it wont let me delete MONGEN data. it says 'No rows deleted a problem occured deleting row 1 (says this for several rows) Error source Microsoft.visualstuido.datatool
Error Message the row(s) value updated or deleted do not make the row unique, or alter rows(6)

Upvote 0

Chris22

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
Cheers chris, any ideas why it wont let me delete MONGEN data. it says 'No rows deleted a problem occured deleting row 1 (says this for several rows) Error source Microsoft.visualstuido.datatool
Error Message the row(s) value updated or deleted do not make the row unique, or alter rows(6)

Its an error with sql 2005, if you put 2 rows that are the same as each other it wont let you delete them once there in, its a known bug with the software and although i believe there is a work around your better of looking online for a fix, ive had a look before and gave up trying after it looked rather complicated :crying:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :sad:

Upvote 0