al gone?

Dano

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 18, 2006
Wales
i attempeted to kill the process of adrobe photoshop lol and i acdently killed the process called "exploror.exe"(or somet) and all mystart menue and icons have gone... cba to restart pc cos of server and i have dynamic ip lol does any 1 no where cn get this bk?

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
open task manager (Crt + Alt + Delete) then select files> New Task (run) and type "explorer.exe" without the "'s.

So when the new task box appears just type:

explorer.exe

Last edited:

Dano

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 18, 2006
Wales
U R A Legend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but the photoshop will not go lol even if i click end process

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
ty :P

Ermmm, it photoshop open on your task bar or whatever?? if not, try opening it then closing it, see if it goes then. If it's idle & not using much cpu or memory then i cant see it being a problem, but if it is then yes, it would be best to end it :P

Dano

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 18, 2006
Wales
yes its on the task bar its in the taskmanager obiously lol its in the process list and its using boyt 30% lol and iv get a server to put up so it is a problem and iv tried all that and it will not go

Dano

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 18, 2006
Wales
i left click on it nothing happnes i right click on it and press close the windows not respponding screen comes up... and then i press end now the windows error report comes up lol dnt send it and nothing happnes

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
hmm, seems like lack of system memory or CPU...clsoe/stop the server for a min or two, then try close photoshop, then start the server backup.

To open photoshop, press Alt+Tab if you have to, and select photoshop.