[Announcement] The End Of EvilMir.

daydie

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Aug 26, 2004
As most of you may know, Jason has been having problems with the internet at his, He will not have any internet for a while now so my solution is the server stays down.

Many people have been paying for his internet and helpin him out in many ways and these are well aprichated.

I now have all the files and he has deleted them from his desktop.

Maybe in the future some how i will get enough money to buy a dedicated host for 1 month and see how it goes from there, Also was thinking of making it DM2+ since all spells ETC work with new improvements, This will not happen if cannot get a Real dedicated host. If you are willing to help this soloution. Please give me a PM and we could sort something out.

EvilMir 2.3 was up for more than 6 months and was willing to go further but problems occur.
My apologies to you all for taking this down but the files will stay in my hands for the mean while.

Hope you enjoyed your experiance at EvilMir 2.3 Server, And take care.

/daydie

Last edited:

fwarr

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 25, 2006
me and 2 other friends are looking for a server, we decided to play this, about to make chars server goes dwn, shame to see it go u/l

daydie

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Aug 26, 2004
no sorry, if u misunderstood me i mean the server was up for a good 6 month,

Shame it had to go down because of hosting problems.

/daydie

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
sorry to rain on your parade

but servers that need donations dont last, if you do put it up online again its a must you go dm2+ or get all the skills working on svn or your time is wasted sorry to say but soon you will be up against hero server files

lif

daydie

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Aug 26, 2004
Its not what the server has, Its how they provide it!

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
sorry to rain on your parade

but servers that need donations dont last, if you do put it up online again its a must you go dm2+ or get all the skills working on svn or your time is wasted sorry to say but soon you will be up against hero server files

lif

If the servers good enough and the user base is high enough, then theres no reason a server which requires donations can't last.

Even if the host had to take selling items into concideration, then they could still keep it up.

He can just use TD's files, which are far greater than any current files out there imo.

Anywho, it isn't a contest of who's server is the most equiped, its about how the game plays, how balanced it is, how fun the bosses are. I'd much rather play one server which had a great feel to it, than another server which had 2 or 3 new spells working on it, which on half of the servers take a good month or so to aquire.

/Ash

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
tofas you dont understatd what i mean about donations

and i said its best you use dm2+ = td files

and what are you talking about a server that uses 2 or 3 new skills ?

are you smoking drugs, hero server files use 20+ new skills inc the 9 new group attacks, custom commands unlike any mir server out at the mo,this makes quest feel more real...
not just that they carry the best shop system (TM) going and they use the latest birth system, so its best you dont post unless you know you are talking about, sorry ash but 3 new skills is a joke

i know its not a contest, i was saying or meaning it could be a good time that this server upgraded to dm2+

lif

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
tofas you dont understatd what i mean about donations

and i said its best you use dm2+ = td files

and what are you talking about a server that uses 2 or 3 new skills ?

are you smoking drugs, hero server files use 20+ new skills inc the 9 new group attacks, custom commands unlike any mir server out at the mo,this makes quest feel more real...
not just that they carry the best shop system (TM) going and they use the latest birth system, so its best you dont post unless you know you are talking about, sorry ash but 3 new skills is a joke

i know its not a contest, i was saying or meaning it could be a good time that this server upgraded to dm2+

lif

You were talking about having TD files about the spells, so before you make remarks on me "taking drugs" i think you better look over what you actualy said. My whole remark on the actual "I'd play a well built server over any server with a few more spells anyday" was a pop at you saying that he needs to get all the SVN spells working or use TD files.

On the note of quests, Quests are a good idea in general, and do fill up the game a little, but inless the server has some really good setup of which people would really need to group for dificulty level, then i see people not bothering with the "dual skills" as much as your hoping.

Inless you've rebuilt mir the very excistance of it being Mir anymore, then you'll never get a good feel out of Quests, as in general Mir isn't a quest based game.

TM, well lets be honest, it works well in the Euro Mir excistance due to a user count, yes your probebly expecting a really good user count but lets not jump the gun and expect the TM merchant to be a success in a private server situation.

These Hero files, have they gotten rid of ALL of the exploits and bugs located in the Mir files? In my opinion, i doubt they have.

/Ash

P.S Making a server tobe better than the current 'rest' isn't that great of a success imo, the competition you have is dim.

P.S.S The things you mention can be done within a small group of people, or one person who is devoted, the fact that, most of the people who run a server don't put the effort in to learn to code to add their own things, i mean most people on here don't even touch the SVN files, they jump onto the 'Free and Easy' TD files.

So before you go "bragging" about the files, you really need to look at the 'oh so great' competition you have.

Last edited:

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
These Hero files, have they gotten rid of ALL of the exploits and bugs located in the Mir files? In my opinion, i doubt they have.

/Ash

So before you go "bragging" about the files, you really need to look at the 'oh so great' competition you have.

heros been out 4 years ? its the latest update from the 1.85

i dont need to see the competition ive seen the files, td has done super work and i cound of never done what he has done and i know for a fact i could not, thats why i got the latest files to save years work

lif

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
heros been out 4 years ? its the latest update from the 1.85

i dont need to see the competition ive seen the files, td has done super work and i cound of never done what he has done and i know for a fact i could not, thats why i got the latest files to save years work

lif

Out of all i wrote, you only replied to a small proportion.. you disapoint me.

Anywho, did you go into Debt with the bank to buy those files?

/Ash