(Another) Affinity Ascension Review

Cab

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 9, 2016
Been playing the server a week or two now so thought I'd do a review on it. I'm aware there's another review on here but thought I'd give my opinion on the server mainly for two reasons:
- hopefully attract a few new players
- constructive criticism for the server team to take onboard

I'll do it in three sections to make for easier viewing, pros, cons and concerns.

Pro's:
- Respectable usercount (usually around 50+ at normal times)
- Very active GM's, quite possible the best server team I've seen. Always around and always responding to queries
- Many many places/caves to go
- Many quests with great rewards such as rare spells like Blink, or really good items that definitely make questing worthwhile.. Also the quests seem more fun and don't drag on as much as they do on other servers
- Classical Sabuk War
- All round nice feel and good gameplay
- Doesn't seem pay to win at all, most of the top players don't donate as far as I'm aware
- PVP damage is fairly low so fights last a while and are very fun
- PVP balance seems fairly close to being spot on

Cons:
- potential lack of solo bosses.. If there are many I haven't found them yet
- it's difficult to make gold (more so as a noob), and you need gold to level because the level caves are by far the best places to level
- Many unnecessary annoyances
- You have to run to every town to unlock it, why?
- Most KR's you have to run or rt for ages to get to, never understood things like this.. Games are for fun, this is not fun.
- Some caves you even have to run to (zzzzz)
- Lots of caves seem 'hidden', I've been guided to them via higher levels.. Why not just create a tele npc and have all caves on it listed in pages?
- 1 wizard can keep Sabuk Wall solo basically, and I'm told it's because they exploited a bug to get to the end of tower (Affinitys version of Rift that rewards a medal with high statistics, for those of you that don't know) that puts him above the entire server?
- Inactive forum, for discussions/feedback such as this post

Concerns:
- There seems a lack of content and nowhere to level beyond 49 so I hope there's plans of an update soon before the top end players get bored and quit
- People may get bored after event and the usercount could dip
- Gold will dry up post event (already seems difficult to make even with event/eggs)
- Server team will get bored and become less active.. Since the servers in its early days, having been around the block and played Mir for years we all know the GM's are always active at the beginning, hopefully they can keep this up then they're sure to be on to a winner

All in all, if you're looking for a server to play give this place a try, a good fun server with a very impressive/active server team that can only continuously improve the server. By the dedication I've seen from the server team thus far I can see this one being around for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: azzi