LomCN
Hey guys,

The picture speaks for itself:

whathte4cj.jpg

Specs:

Opteron 165 - Clocked to 2.5ghz
Pc3200 x 3 banks - 756mb
X800XL Graphic Card

I also recall Blam being effected by the same problem... I'll go check up on his thread from ages ago whilst I wait for your kind help!

Thanks,
Turin

ps - 10 mins into the game.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Ok:

http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=40883&highlight=artifacts

Found his thread, the main suggestions were overheating and power-suply. I'm pretty confident it isn't the Powersuply because Urban recommended it a few weeks ago and I bought it. Meanwhile, overheating... I don't see why this should all of a sudden after a few months be a problem?

Hmm..

=/
Turin

-------------------- Probably Overheating :eek: ---------------------

At least... is reaching 100 degree celcius or 212 F in 1 min 30 seconds bad? (ATi Tool test for artifacts - I stopped once the first artifact appeared...).

What would have caused this? Nothings been in or out of the case at all for the last few months, the tower hasn't moved... there has been a heatwave in the UK, but nothing like the US.

=/
Turin

--------

I'm going to drastically lower both the memory and the clock speed for now, to see if that helps, until someone can reply! (btw, I havn't been overclocking my card either).

Last edited:

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
urbanfox said:
It just suddenly has started producing artifacts and over heating? Is there anything in the fan and is it blowing at full speed?

Actually, I think its been making a lot of noise lately... might be dust build up =/ I'll buy a pressurised air thingy from PCWorld on Monday and clear it out.

I'll get back to you on that if it doesn't work.

However just now (which prompted me to come to this website) I recieved an memory related error (i.e. 0x0231312 or w/e could not be 'write' or was it 'read') during gameplay. Is this (is normal the word?) ... should I be worried? Only happened once.

Turin

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Three restarts solved the graphic problem ... or maybe it was because I left the computer off for over 12 hours.

Turin