Help Big Map / Mini Map

smoochy boys on tour

P1anetEarth

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2018
What I'm After, I want a system where you have to collect so many items to unlock the "Big Map / Mini Map"

Can anyone think of any Ideas on how to do this? I was personally thinking of making 2 maps of the same cave one with a Mini Map one without and depending on a set flag it'll teleport you to said Cave but I don't like this idea.

Thank you in advance <3

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
You could use the Need Move feature with your idea of having two maps. That could then check the flag of the player and then teleport them into the correct cave.

I’d personally look at adding a set flag variable for minimap/bigmap.

Upvote 0

P1anetEarth

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2018
You could use the Need Move feature with your idea of having two maps. That could then check the flag of the player and then teleport them into the correct cave.

I’d personally look at adding a set flag variable for minimap/bigmap.
We were thinking about this idea but the only issue we have is If you have a friend that you want to "Level" you wouldn't be able to teleport to the same map if one has it disabled and one has it enabled.

Upvote 0

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
We were thinking about this idea but the only issue we have is If you have a friend that you want to "Level" you wouldn't be able to teleport to the same map if one has it disabled and one has it enabled.
You’re right, I think you’d need to just rework how players see the minimap.

Upvote 0

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Why not disable showing mini & big maps and I mean not showing completely, that is the big map panel couldn't be opened and there would be no minimap in the upper right corner, like there was not in the early days of mir2.

This would be done by the flag and some criterion would be set to make it work at some point, like a quest or achieved level.

That way some chars around you would see those maps and some wouldn't and it wouldn't need to touch spawns or require map instances.

An alternative way could be very simply not include big & mini maps with some lower level province/cave maps. Nobody would see them in those locations. You could leave the panel and minimap frame showing and show in them your server logo or whatever.

Reactions: Jev
Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Yeah as bebezeek said

You need to add 2 fields (or if you want mini map 4) on your map form

MiniMap Locked [ ] - Flag Required
BigMap Locked [ ] - Flag Required

Then you can add items into your game / npc scripts to allocate the flag number to unlock whichever mini/bigmap you have set.

Obviously there is logic that needs to be coded behind it, but it isn't too difficult to configure.

Reactions: Jev
Upvote 0