Black screen

smoochy boys on tour

GS92AJ

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2006
I'm making a 1.4 server to mess about on ( online ) with mates, and i keep getting' black screen.. i have tried putting all my IP's the same but it just doesn't work then, so i have some 127.0.0.1 and some my IP and i seem to be able to connect and my mate can and get to char screen, then we both get black screen... i've tried having unpnp disabled but the program crashes everytime i try it, ( im on windows Media edition )

EDIT: i've searched btw

Any help??

/GS

wachoo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2006
i have this too. can someone helm us (i have winXP sp2)

RockY2kn6

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 11, 2006
Uk
Seen guides for these kinda things around ere, cba lookin for them tho so try these things

black screen after char sel, you need Unphp w.e it is, try get tht workin. there was somthin else that you could do if that didnt work but carnt remember ><

or just check these

Put all your IPs as your inet ip or local. open all gates etc make sure there loaded, make sure uv got IP for exe right

make sure files are in right place c:\

try turning firewall off or setting it up so it allows, dont no if this has anythin to do with it but worth try

install fresh 1.4 client, read the guides again

this off the top of my head, i aint worked with 1.4 for ages so sry if it dont help.

GS92AJ

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2006
Seen guides for these kinda things around ere, cba lookin for them tho so try these things

black screen after char sel, you need Unphp w.e it is, try get tht workin. there was somthin else that you could do if that didnt work but carnt remember ><

or just check these

Put all your IPs as your inet ip or local. open all gates etc make sure there loaded, make sure uv got IP for exe right

make sure files are in right place c:\

try turning firewall off or setting it up so it allows, dont no if this has anythin to do with it but worth try

install fresh 1.4 client, read the guides again

this off the top of my head, i aint worked with 1.4 for ages so sry if it dont help.

I've tried all that, i havn't worked with 1.4 for about 3 years so i can't remember... and that unpnp won't work at all, anyone point me towards working 1.9 files? Any will do, it's only for a mess about...

/GS

mirrealms

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2006
so youve checked ips/ server name have you disable unpnp and also set the files up in DBCOMMANDER 2000 ? ive learned myself ive DBCOMMANDER files havent been set the server will run black screen hope this helps m8y

whats prob with unpnp there is a way of doing this via your pc without using unpnp but cant remember how try getting unpnp off www.fernys.co.uk >>> downloads legend of mir that 1 works definatley thats the one i use. If you need anymore help or this doesnt work add me to you msn on ""[email protected]"" i will do my best the last time i played around with a 1.4 was about 2mths ago so still fresh looking into makeing another if any1 is interested

Last edited:

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Here we go, these have been knocking round this forum for years :)
Not sure if it will help you both but worth a shot.