BlackJack game I built in C++

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I would of watch the video but the music so so crap I had to close the browser asap, sorry about that.

XxEvilDxX

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2010
USA
I would of watch the video but the music so so crap I had to close the browser asap, sorry about that.

Yeah I had another song but I got a warning from YouTube for using a video I did not have license for. Therefore I let YouTube pick a song to replace it with. I think it fits rather well, if you listen to the lyrics... maybe if you have a song that is free and available I could use it instead?
Has anyone tried to download and play the game? rather then pick out the song lol. X D

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

You're **** at Black Jack XD

Do you mean that I suck at playing BlackJack, or that you have tried the game and it is **** : P
I really don't mind a little criticism just curious which it is.
I think the graphics are great they where done by Mazz as you could see in the credits.
This is one of my first Direct X 11 games that I have built.
This actually took me 9 weeks to create since it was a college final project.
In all there were over 10,000 lines of code not including the Pre-built Direct X libraries.
It was a great learning experience!

XxEvilDxX

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2010
USA
I mean you suck at playing black jack :)

Oh Okay, I was just testing the game I built. I was intentionally making mistakes to show how the computer opponent has enough AI to take advantage of player mistakes : P For example by house rules the dealer must stand on 17 and take a hit on 16. There really was a lot of code and I never really got around to adding in the split opinion. I have not spent much time on it lately as I will be moving on to 3D programming on Friday.
My true interest is in building MORPG's!

If you decide to download and try it please report any bugs

Last edited:

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Like it good work mate

Oh and youtube can be a super pain when it comes to background music

Ive lost a few videos over this, what a bummer lol

Anyways good work, i'm also thinking of doing a night course in delphi

Just in two minds if it will help me or knot lol

XxEvilDxX

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2010
USA
I would say it is worth learning since Delphi 7 is the standard for Pascal.
I am currently swamped with college work, my school decided to pack two weeks into one at the beginning of the term. The term started on a Friday and everything is usually due on Sunday, Therefore I got a two day head start on two weeks of work, due in a week :eek: