blueyonder, any good as a isp?

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
i've been with them since i started using internet, started out wiv 56k

upgraded to (at a cost) 512mb broadband, few months fown line they upgraded me to 768mb for free

then another few montsh down line they upgraded me to 1mb for free

and sometime before early 2006 im getting upgraded to 4mb for free, so yes i like them :) highly reliable

Davyv

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2004
South Wales
im on ntl with the 1mb broadband which was recently upgraded from the 300k broadband like a month ago, prob is tho with the 300k it had 30gb a month limit,
with the upgraded 1mb broadband it now has
only a 3gb limit monthly :cray:
and thing is, i download probs bout 3-5gb per day..
i can tell ntl to stik me bak on 300k,
but thing is, is it worth it, like wuld there be that
much costs for going over limit? ya rekon? lol

so with blueyonder how much is it monthly n all tht,
coz i wanna change isp b4 the bills go sky high lol
or if any 1 can recommend a good isp for me?
looking for about 20quid monthly, only internet,
wanna keep the house phone number wid bt lol.
n the conn about 1meg or more, with very high/unlimited(best) bandwidth :D

oh btw im in southwales :P

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
tiscali selling good deal i got would suit that. £18 a month 2mb unlimited.....

Davyv

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2004
South Wales
checked that out n looks really good, probly go with that.
but if theres any others id like 2 no about them coz
tiscali hav sum gay limit thing which stops you from
using peer to peer programs during peak hours, or summin like that, which is gay lol.

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
tiscali are a gd isp. I was on 512k connection, with 30gb a month usuag limit. I was paying £19.99 for that. It wasnt untill i got an email that i found out i could upgrade to a 2mb connection,unlimited and pay £18.99 a month for it.

And i dont really know about this p2p limit thing, because i dont really use p2p programs very often lol :(

wanadoo

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2005
ash1234 said:
tiscali are a gd isp. I was on 512k connection, with 30gb a month usuag limit. I was paying £19.99 for that. It wasnt untill i got an email that i found out i could upgrade to a 2mb connection,unlimited and pay £18.99 a month for it.

And i dont really know about this p2p limit thing, because i dont really use p2p programs very often lol :(

although tiscali are good, they are fairly new compaired to the other ones NTL/AOL etc, so they do good deals. next year i image they will probly bump up ther prices. so be prepared

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
wanadoo said:
although tiscali are good, they are fairly new compaired to the other ones NTL/AOL etc, so they do good deals. next year i image they will probly bump up ther prices. so be prepared

hmm, i have never really thought about that lol. Hopefully this doesnt happen :dunce: But i supose they are low because they are a fairly new company and want t get more customers.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
on blueyonder i have no download limit, prices have NEVER changed for me, always been £25.99 for the broadband for me.

Davyv

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2004
South Wales
ahah, just upgraded my internet wid ntl from 1mb conn with the 3gb monthly bandwidth to the 2mb conn with 30gb bandwidth monthly n for only 24.99 lol
quite gd tbh

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
Sounds good thx im leaving aol for blueyonder ether way. 1 of november is the date blueyonder is comin to install my 10mb line at £35 which is good seen as i was payin £24 for 2mb with aol.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Blueyonder win on all stances. I've had AOL, NTL, Tiscalli, BT (and its affiliates), and Wanadoo... they are all crap.

Blueyonder's solid, reliable and even the customer support is quick in solving problems and 100% if your on a telewest line... which if I may add, makes your internet cheaper if you take as a package. 4mb (by 2006) for £19.99 doesn't sound too bad does it? I mean the speads at 1mb outstrip AOL's 1mb, and there's no download limits as there are with NTL...

It's an ISP waiting to be discovered ;)

Also note that Blueyonder will be going onto the NSP platform, so it'll have a direct link to the WWW. (i.e. won't be sharing a pipe like 90% of other ISPs do...)

Bluey ftw ;)
Turin.

~Obliviator~

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2005
Gangsters Paradise
Davyv said:
im on ntl with the 1mb broadband which was recently upgraded from the 300k broadband like a month ago, prob is tho with the 300k it had 30gb a month limit,
with the upgraded 1mb broadband it now has
only a 3gb limit monthly :cray:
and thing is, i download probs bout 3-5gb per day..
i can tell ntl to stik me bak on 300k,
but thing is, is it worth it, like wuld there be that
much costs for going over limit? ya rekon? lol

so with blueyonder how much is it monthly n all tht,
coz i wanna change isp b4 the bills go sky high lol
or if any 1 can recommend a good isp for me?
looking for about 20quid monthly, only internet,
wanna keep the house phone number wid bt lol.
n the conn about 1meg or more, with very high/unlimited(best) bandwidth :D

oh btw im in southwales :P

is this why my donwloads takes ages? like games n movies?

Davyv

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2004
South Wales
the speed u download stuff all depends on ur download speed and the what the person at other ends upload speed is lol.
whats ur download speed usually at max?

Labour0fLove

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2005
Blueyonder is an excellent service provider. Customer support is really good.
I started my internet with them at 1 meg bb after like 1 yr they upgraded me to 2 meg bb they are constantly upgrading and very quick on things like if internet goes down.

Then just two days ago they upgraded me again im now on a 10 meg BB all i need now is a decent pc lol