Bring Camelot Back!!

Join Discord

Rocky

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2004
Liverpool!!!
omg iv bin hopin that trish aka evenstar would see that she herself created imo the best mir3 server eva 2 be made! its bin down for nearly 2 years i think an i wud giv my 2 legs for trish 2 bring it bk, not my arms tho i need them 2 play:P anyway.. CAMELOT FTW, OWNED EVERYTHIN TRISH RULES BRING IT BK!!!!!!!!!!!;P

JoeAshton

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 4, 2006
lol is that the JOB version if so look at amazon uses the camelot files but with more items mobs ect + i have her files and ther not all that gd

Rocky

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2004
Liverpool!!!
Yer they were job files, but it werent jst the files that made it great, it was teh community an the way it was run, an wa is code zerO? aint seen any advertisements or nowt care 2 share?:p

turboshandy

ur a smacktard!
VIP
May 11, 2005
Great Yarmouth/Cambridge
a server isn't judged by its files, it the people that host them, and the community that plays, them.
I know trish she played on xtreme for a while, i see her pop on our forums from time to time at the moment to. we even made her forum mod for sometime, great person :)

i heard alot about camelot server too, and then i also remember someone trying to impersonate not too long back.. hate it when people do that.

/cheekyvimto

Rocky

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2004
Liverpool!!!
yer trish was a great person an most prob still is, turbo im sure u wer a GM on a server i played not quite sure which 1, trish if u do read this hav a think about it cos ur server ruled more than any1 elses!!!!!!

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
There was once upon a time Two Servers, One called LiquidSilver and one called Camalot. They merged and most people only remembered Camlot, the fact was it joined two lots of users together (LS & Cam) which give a good user count and I'm sure it was Mir3 2.9 not Job, unless we are talking about a different server..

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Demonic said:
There was once upon a time Two Servers, One called LiquidSilver and one called Camalot. They merged and most people only remembered Camlot, the fact was it joined two lots of users together (LS & Cam) which give a good user count and I'm sure it was Mir3 2.9 not Job, unless we are talking about a different server..
Agreed all ppl only remember Camelot and not just LS & Camelot ohh...well maybe they forgot ?

turboshandy

ur a smacktard!
VIP
May 11, 2005
Great Yarmouth/Cambridge
Rocky said:
yer trish was a great person an most prob still is, turbo im sure u wer a GM on a server i played not quite sure which 1, trish if u do read this hav a think about it cos ur server ruled more than any1 elses!!!!!!
lol ermm.. my sig might give it away :P

if i see her on msn i'll tell her to pop on and have a read :D

Rocky

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2004
Liverpool!!!
lol o ye thats it turbo, an im on about camelot in general, i played it before LS & cam merged and wen it merged, in all it owned no matter what:P

JonnyL

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 4, 2003
Middlesbrough
Demonic said:

yeah we merged the 2 sets of files , well i say we lol it was all down to you if i remember, then once it was up an running it went ok for a while , then all of a sudden it went tits up an became totally crap due to a few major mistakes by ppl , an i dont mean u either or trish, i tried an tried to accept the crap that was going on but alas i gave up an that was the end of Camelot. Yes it was 2.9 my fav files ,non of this poxy euro client crap lol , yeah theres some nice things in the latest server files but i like room to play an also like my maps not to be lazy repeats through out the game.
Anyway i still have both sets of Camelot files , normal 2.9 and the merged files and have a Camelot up and running here in my cozy living room, normal 2.9 ,tho i might mess about with merged files in time , but at the mo i just like messing about with it for myself i have no real intrest in hosting for public use. i dont even bother playing these days , ive been on a few servers since those days an out of em all ive gotta say the work the guys an gals are doing down at Xtreme is top notch and i enjoyed playing there for a fair few month with some old friends till all the bickering started then i left (i am Osirus an BobbyDigital on there) its prob a bit diff these days so if ya wanna good server to play head there.

anyway im just waffling crap so im going lol

cheers Mike aka BobbyDigital

1 last thing , good to see your still aroud messing with mir Demonic , hope your keeping well .

Camelot

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2003
California
Rocky said:
omg iv bin hopin that trish aka evenstar would see that she herself created imo the best mir3 server eva 2 be made! its bin down for nearly 2 years i think an i wud giv my 2 legs for trish 2 bring it bk, not my arms tho i need them 2 play:P anyway.. CAMELOT FTW, OWNED EVERYTHIN TRISH RULES BRING IT BK!!!!!!!!!!!;P

Thanks for the warm memories :)
While Camelot was up my family & I enjoyed hosting & the server. My favorite time was pre-LS, we were small but we had quality. After LS it was a case of too many cooks in the kitchen if you know what I mean. I made mistakes, of course, who doesn't? but in the end it was time to end it because it just wasn't fun for me anymore. Since closing the server I've thought about re-opening it but I just can't deal with all that hassle again. And as stated lots of people had the camelot 2.9 files but really andy said it best:

turboshandy said:
a server isn't judged by its files, it the people that host them, and the community that plays, them.

Camelot will never be back, at least not run by me, & for surely not open to the public
(I still tinker around with the idea to do one for my family full of mir addicts LOL :gfrea:)

In addition I'd like to say thank you to everyone who still remembers Camelot with fondness, it was a wonderful year!
(for those of you that want to dis it I say: :middle:)

And the only server I've played that came close to it was Xtreme, perhaps not the files {we were never that advanced} but definitley the community spirit.

Rocky

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2004
Liverpool!!!
>< gutted, but i appreciate ur decision trish, thanks for the best server eva imo, good luck with what eva u decide. Phoenix

JonnyL

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 4, 2003
Middlesbrough
Now running 2 versions of Camelot Server (both in closed beta for testing)
version 1 is the original Camelot 2.9 that Trish originally hosted
version 2 is Camelot ~ Judgement Of Blood (Thx to Demonic,They are his LS server files)
Version 1 is for me to mess with and break lol and version 2 well im not sure if it will ever get to go public , me and Richie(GM Rage from orig Camelot) are toying with the idea at the moment , but if it does go live there will be a strict vetting of people wanting to play.Our plan at the moment is for a small server comunity of friends that we have kept in touch with over the years. The simple reason for this is the fact that everyone and there dog is hosting servers.

Zip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 24, 2004
Belgium
hmm i have got camelot files but i upgraded them and added some new maps and cave teleporter but it is weather u wont it bk and i need a host but i might if my mir 2 server will be going ****.