Changed....

Stickly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2005
What has Changed....

Hay you lot, its been along time since I played Mir... probly over 3 years ago, and back then the Ledu had only come out... I looked around the Fourms today and half of the things being said are just mumbo jumbo to me now :(

I was just wondering what version of the server files are you using now?
and are there any longterm servers using thease files?

I used to play, Nemisis, RageZone and even more oldschool Project69 and Dystiny... if anyone can remeber Wacom, AriaQ

Sorry if its wrong section!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
DiamondM2 files
Theyre basicly like everything euro mir has

Sum1 correct me if im wrong like. I never post stuff on lomcn anymore hehe

Rampage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 22, 2003
Coalville, Leicestershire
Basically what OoOoO said is correct except one thing.

In some ways we do have EVERYTHING euro mir has, but this is a matter of the fact that we CAN have everything not that we DO.
There will also always be the fact that strength of monsters etc will never be a replication.

There is a thing called Open Source now, which is a project which uses delphi meaning you can add almost anything, this makes the possibilities of a mir server endless. This was introduced to hopefully entice people to come back and even start playing private servers again.

Hope this helped,
.Steish.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
There is a thing called Open Source now, which is a project which uses delphi meaning you can add almost anything, this makes the possibilities of a mir server endless. This was introduced to hopefully entice people to come back and even start playing private servers again.

Like to rephrase - There was something called open source, which was a project in delphi, it still is open source but has not really been updated since all the developer's have stopped working on the open source project.

TheDeath's files a probably as close to euro as your going to find. - Closed source.

Stickly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2005
Well its been ALONG time since I have played a privet server. So no all I have to do is find a server. Something longter. any sugestions?

This was introduced to hopefully entice people to come back and even start playing private servers again.

Well its enticed me to come back.

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
nemesis should be opening this month at some point on a dedi server...

Stickly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2005
Me and Nemesis didn't get along back in the old days Mr. Fire...

but hay that was over 4 years ago count me in.

killer22

Permanently R3T/\r|)
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2003
PFC where else
crist i ant seen sum of them server names in a very long time... its strange but given what we have now to what we had then.. i still profer back then.

dunno what it was but mir was something back then, it intised you sumhow to play n play n play.. now you join a server, click a npc, lvl 40+ with top items.. done.

it kinda lost its meaning once we fully opened it up, when we first started modding the whole game n we didnt know jack about the deal of it unlocking parts was a big deal. now its a blind eye situation.. but thats just me.

MadeInEngland

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 21, 2004
Reading
crist i ant seen sum of them server names in a very long time... its strange but given what we have now to what we had then.. i still profer back then.

dunno what it was but mir was something back then, it intised you sumhow to play n play n play.. now you join a server, click a npc, lvl 40+ with top items.. done.

it kinda lost its meaning once we fully opened it up, when we first started modding the whole game n we didnt know jack about the deal of it unlocking parts was a big deal. now its a blind eye situation.. but thats just me.

i agree. its wierd i was just about to make a thread to ask someone to make a 1.4 server.... then i read this...i'm gona make a post ina min