Dec 5, 2005
UK
Not badly priced, considering 40/60 GB SATA hard drives would cost that much

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
ooh! I didn't know SSD's were getting so cheap! Might buy one. Does anyone know if I'd be able to install my OS on that, but somehow manage to keep all of my files on my other hard drive - but somehow just switch the os to the SSD?

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
ooh! I didn't know SSD's were getting so cheap! Might buy one. Does anyone know if I'd be able to install my OS on that, but somehow manage to keep all of my files on my other hard drive - but somehow just switch the os to the SSD?
It's just a hard drive, so yes you can and yes you can again.

I got this one the other week, thought an upgrade was in order, got a gfx card from there too.

Wouldn't go back to a standard drive for my os again now :D

Stop buying from PCW.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Yep.

Install OS onto the SSD, then change a few settings so your user profiles save to the normal HDD.

When you install software, just change the install location to the HDD.

My OS is on a 60gb SSD, then i have 2 2tb HDD's for everything else.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Stop buying from PCW.

Wasn't much cheaper from else where so I saved the hassle of ordering online and waiting, smaller computer shops over priced them, hell the graphics card from small shop £120 or PCW for £80 with free game credits, not sure what you'd pick but I like to think I picked the better option..

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
I got this one the other week, thought an upgrade was in order, got a gfx card from there too.

Wouldn't go back to a standard drive for my os again now :D

What a terrible drive. That write speed is disgusting.

I wouldn't buy an SSD with such low space nowadays as the prices have come down a lot. But;

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/60gb...0mb-s-write-450mb-s-85000-iops-60000-iops-max

****ing 29k IOPS for flash memory, eugh.

I also agree with avoiding PCW for hardware, unless it's an emergency.

Last edited:

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
Its a entey level. High speed ssds are still stupid money in some cases

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire

I wouldn't buy an SSD with such low space nowadays as the prices have come down a lot. But;

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/60gb...0mb-s-write-450mb-s-85000-iops-60000-iops-max

I guess I could have done worse and gotten and IDE hard drive...

I'm not fussed on the high end speeds, it's better than a sata II right?

Smite me for going to PCW here I'll bend over for it

bo.jpg

LionMir

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2013

Haha I have 2 of them kingston drives there pretty good for the price I only use them for VMware though so they suite my needs for OS and games I put them on my Intel 520 drive just due to it being so reliable it came at a cost but you cant be 6years warranty and free data recovery