computer power

daniejam

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
i'm getting blue screen on boot up after i have just upgraded my other pc could this be because theres not enuff power going to it ?

daniejam

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004

in before was

ATX 450 psu
amd 3400+
K8 ASROCK mb intergrated g card
80gb hard drive
creative X-fi platinum
2gb ram
XP

upgraded

abit KN8 SLI mb
amd 4800+ x2 prossesor
gigabite 7900 GTX 256mb g card
4gb ram

on boot up it gets to the windows loading logo with the bar but kind of just flashes and goes to blue screen, if in the options you tell it to carry on and ignor all errors it still only gets to the windows logo but its faded and nothink happens it just sits there.

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
urban may want to confirm this. but windows xp locks to 1 computer, so if you chnage the motherboard it thinks its a new pc and will not load up. you need to reinstall.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Senture said:
urban may want to confirm this. but windows xp locks to 1 computer, so if you chnage the motherboard it thinks its a new pc and will not load up. you need to reinstall.
Using the windows XP repair utility which is on the install CD (boot from the CD), should also fix it.

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
lol hmm or youv damaged a part while upgrading! heavy handed? this has happened to me b5

daniejam

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
its not giveing me a chance to reinstall anything just stright to the error, think i shuld stick harddrive in other computer and formatt it?

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
daniejam said:
its not giveing me a chance to reinstall anything just stright to the error, think i shuld stick harddrive in other computer and formatt it?
When exactly does the BSOD appear?

If you boot up from the CD, you shouldn't get a BSOD.

daniejam

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
lol warren u moose

its if you install 3 different pieces of hardware then windows fks up n u need 2 do a repair or reinstall probs best of reinstalling if u dont need to keep anything on computer

but go into bios in cmos settings or boot

make sure boot from cd is first n stick ure windows cd in then restart

daniejam

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
try it change over 3 pieces of hardware might b certain ones only i dunno but was on a CBT i was watching in work

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Its defo not a power problem. It's hardware or software related. Happened to me when i fitted my new disk drive and installed the software for it. I fixed it by a simple format (as urban said).

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
xp gets locked to a specific motherboard because they assume its not going to change. you changed the motherboard so i assume you will need to format and re-install