couple of questions on overclocking

Join Discord

2fast2furious

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2004
im not an expert on overclocking but i do my pc's by 200-300mhz usualy, in the bios b4 your pc boots up usualy press f2 or delete (it will tell u what key to press), once your in there there will be cpu settings with multiplyer and buss frequences, alter the frequences to how much u want to overclock by.

Risks are when cpu is overclockd it will usualy run at a higher temperature and will sometimes need better cooling.

If you want to overclock your gfx card there is software to do that for you posted on here somewhere, ATitool i thnk.

mapadale

Over clocking is dependent on your system board and CPU.

I would advise against over clocking, untill you have researched all avenues and read all the information about it.

The reason I say this, is you can seriously kill your machine if you don't understand what your doing.

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
Personally if you have to ask "how do I do it?" then you shouldnt BE doing it. Atleast not until you have thoroughly researched it. You need atleast a decent understanding of what does what hardware and settings-wise before you attempt it. As has been said, you can do some serious damage if you dont know your stuff before you try something. Keywords to look up you may find interesting- Vcore, multiplier, fsb, lapping, cpu-z, speedfan :P

Feel free to add to the list ppl...

JoeAshton

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 4, 2006
help i just blew my pc up ....

lol as said if u dont know what it is dont try i made that mistake and blew my gfx card lol