crueldragon 3.56

gargus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 7, 2004
:bbcguy: i'm pissed now. it took me alot of time to set these files up. now when server files are working fine(i think) i can't log into game, it stucks on 'connecting to the server. please wait' screen. what is wrong ? what did i miss ?any support would be nice.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
The Working, Stable set of files, complete with guide etc is 3.38.
You surely saw all the people having the same problem with 3.56 and thought "I best leave this one alone for now" but nope, you wasted loads of time and now are annoyed??

Out of interest, DBServer has a file in there, !Serverinfo.txt and I betcha your IP is wrong...or rungate is not connected etc...all common faults.

Upvote 0

gargus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 7, 2004
nop. u're wrong. ppl dont have a problem with log into game but to fix problem with messed up stats.
rungate works fine
selgate works fine
holley DBSrv works fine
login srv works fine
reg server works fine
crueldragon3g.exe works fine too
is there something else i shall switch on beside these up there ?
every file is set to 127.0.0.1 address

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
u need the correct interface, and need to install language packs.

untill others get the files properly sorted i wldnt bother with it, even if u do get in game u cant use any of the new features.

Upvote 0

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
all versions of CD need an immense ammount of hardware resources and as ur localhost ip shows u try to run client and server on same machine which most properly cause ur client to hang on the connecting to server window...

check ur servergates for errors while trying to login..iam pretty sure the serverwindow will show something ;)

Upvote 0

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
My pc has less than recommended ram u all say and I run client and server for 3.38 and no problem, no lag for anyone. I think it's as I'm using the 64 bit chip processor.

Upvote 0

gargus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 7, 2004
i ran cd 3.38 on my pc too and i had no problems. well i'm going to check everything again, maybe there's something i missed...

Upvote 0

KK87

LOMCN n00bie
Nov 26, 2006
My pc has less than recommended ram u all say and I run client and server for 3.38 and no problem, no lag for anyone. I think it's as I'm using the 64 bit chip processor.
The 64Bit if ran under "Normal" XP is will run natively 32Bit, unless otherwise your using the 64Bit version of windows you will benefit the extra power of the CPU. Considering this has no conflicts with the files as they are currently ran under 32Bit i am assuming. Something must be missed out...

Upvote 0