DarkFall Online

Join Discord

SykoWizard

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2004
right in my search for a new mmorpg ive been searching far and wide and was planning to settle into warhammer online once released but i have come across what may be the ultimate MMOrpg for me

darkfall

site
http://www.darkfallonline.com/

youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bYYT6Wg3Gg

looks like you can do EVERYTHING lol from a cook to a pirate, with a Pvp/Pve system that resembles a fps aka oblivion

if its anywhere near as good as the website/forum/video's suggest ill be playing this game forever, however there seems to be a lot of doubt on certain forums about the game being vapour ware, only time will tell i guess

o yea i been on the forum less then a day and have had 2 Gm's reply to my questions which is more then i ever had with 5+ years or whatever it was with mir

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
if they managed to do half the things thats described in the vid im defo going to give it ago, even if i dont like it iv tryed it.

im not 100% sure on the no skills thisngs, this is wot makes a game and like people have said can unbalance the game as a mage with plate armour :S but still i wud give it a try (bet its taken a while to create and impliment most of the ideas on to the game)

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK

SykoWizard

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2004
taking a longer time to cast = increased casting speed/time blah?

anyway ya know what i mean :)

Last edited:

TxGraphicz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2006
But yeah it does look like it has nice features but from the videos the way it actually runs seems horrific, the graphics arn't exactly great but graphics don't make a game at all. Just it looks almost as **** as oblivions combat system :P Which was **** (easy aswell =/ ) and the first person you swing thing just seems like a really bad idea and I doubt it'll involve all that much skill.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
looks good, any new on when its being released to the public?

/ancient

SykoWizard

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2004
thought id give this thread a bump, open beta's just around the corner.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
This launched yesterday but i can't find were to buy the game from.. :/ Anyone know a website were you can buy it?

Thanks.

SykoWizard

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2004
Well darkfall is a year in.. more or less, there is finally a free trial
you guys should check it out at

www.darkfallonline.com

ive been playing 6months or so and i have to say its a good game FRUSTRATING AS HELL but amazing at the same time but thats what comes with a full PVP full loot mmorpg

ive taken part in killing a fire dragon that took 12 people almost an hour of bows and magic to take it down (fps aiming btw with bows/magic)

ive joined a group of 10 people and sailed the seas looking for sea battles on a ship only run into a ship with around 30 cannons on each side, we got smashed up lol

ive been involved in seiges with over 200 players... O god the lag, dont goto seiges without a GOOD PC

ive been out hunting solo' gathered a **** loads of loot only to be ambushed with the safety of town in view (towns are not exactly safe lol similiar to mirs)

ive gone out with a few mates ambushing people who where mining/hunting whatever, the thrill of the chase

there's a 14 day free trial why not give it a try,