Delphi...

smoochy boys on tour

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Just wondering if its worth getting involved in the sources, or would it be too much of a effort to start learning delphi?

Is it pretty easy to get started and learning with Delphi?

I've been tempted to start editing the sources and start releasing what work i did with the files, having 9 weeks off from college, i wanted something to do in my spare time, so if any people could possibly put a hand forward and help me learn until i get on my feet, i'd be greatful, that is if i do decide to start learning.

Anyway, depending on your replies, i'll decide if im going to start or not.

Thanks in advance

/Ash

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
I've been told delphi is as easy as VB/VB.NET with more power, i myself don't like it which is why i work on the VB.NET mir sources but when the delphi sources first were released i picked it up pretty easily and was changing quite abit along with the others.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
I've been told delphi is as easy as VB/VB.NET with more power, i myself don't like it which is why i work on the VB.NET mir sources but when the delphi sources first were released i picked it up pretty easily and was changing quite abit along with the others.

Which set of files do you think attract most people, for me to update and release updates for? I don't want to update some files which only a small portion of people would use.

/Ash

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
You plan on releasing the source codes? If not then I would work on something like what Xander is doing (VB.NET). But if you would be releasing the source codes then perhaps fixing up the SVN's would be nice so server owners have the source as well (Y)

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
You plan on releasing the source codes? If not then I would work on something like what Xander is doing (VB.NET). But if you would be releasing the source codes then perhaps fixing up the SVN's would be nice so server owners have the source as well (Y)

Well which ever would be most helpful to the community, like i said, i wouldn't want to do the SVN's if only say 2 people would benefit, compared to 10 people who would benefit from VB.NET work.

I will be releasing the things i do, as im not interesting in working to make a server, i just want some sort of side hobby to do.

So if im going to release things im best going the Delphi way?

/Ash