Do i scrap IceCapital And make New server?

smoochy boys on tour

icekid

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 4, 2007
i dont know what to do as things are corrupt in my files and just dont work :(

mapadale

i dont know what to do as things are corrupt in my files and just dont work :(
Don't bother doing ether - If your files are corrupt its your own doing - This then implements you as a noob when it comes to workign with the server files - What makes you think that you are going to do any better on a second server.

If I was you, I'd close my server down and play with it for a couple of month so that I can get used to knowing how the files work and what fits where and so fourth.

closing one server down to open another one is just asking for disater.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Can't you look back to when things were ok and then see what you did to corrupt the files ? If its Ice Capital maps etc, take all the changes out that you made when implenting them.
Wind the changes back until the corruption is cleared.
Hopefully you have clean files somewhere too so you can compare clean with corrupt.

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
lesson 101: always backup everything every day or week. keep all backups.

mapadale

Can't you look back to when things were ok and then see what you did to corrupt the files ? If its Ice Capital maps etc, take all the changes out that you made when implenting them.
Wind the changes back until the corruption is cleared.
Hopefully you have clean files somewhere too so you can compare clean with corrupt.

Erm looking from the information on this and his server add/topic, he really doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

lesson 101: always backup everything every day or week. keep all backups.

Lol, Kaori do most here know how to use the backup feature for the DB's in SQL. Cause obviously this person doesn't.

Ingeronic

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2004
Some good advice ^^. I would just say if you have a dedi server you could host a server anyway, this could help you to learn about the server files if you host someone else's files and then work together. Just need to find someone who will trust you and doesn't mind working with you.

icekid

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 4, 2007
LOL all files are working now no buggs fixed:)

mapadale

LOL all files are working now no buggs fixed:)
lol no bugs, so if i log onto your server and played about for an hour i wont find any bugs.

Really don't make me laff.

You ain't got a clue what your doing at all and are allowing everyone else to mess with ur server.

ShakeNBake

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2007
Phantom forrest afk..
Do i scrap IceCapital And make New server?

YES! you think ppl will play after reading your post's? start again change your lomcn ad name and act like your older than 13 and you will have 99% more players... 99% more probs = 9 coz i only see 1 or 2 ppl on atm.

and! stick to your server ad so pissed off while playing your server exp was changeing ... you really should think alot first...

Last edited:

PureKill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 27, 2007
United Kingdom
tbh ice dont close it keep it up and work with it the T**t's on here are killing mir they dont like any thing u do hell most of them hate sting and zen wich tbh are best servers out atm main reason i closed mine is because of them there not worth the **** u get from them tbh if i ever opened a server again i would have to ip ban about 8 ips as all they every do is complane there sad efforts tbh i mean come on sad do u have to be to sit at a pc 24/7

ShakeNBake

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2007
Phantom forrest afk..
tbh ice dont close it keep it up and work with it the T**t's on here are killing mir they dont like any thing u do hell most of them hate sting and zen wich tbh are best servers out atm main reason i closed mine is because of them there not worth the **** u get from them tbh if i ever opened a server again i would have to ip ban about 8 ips as all they every do is complane there sad efforts tbh i mean come on sad do u have to be to sit at a pc 24/7

were you crying or drunk and crying when you wrote that so funny looool.

and as for sting being best server atm, i would have more company playing off line mir3..

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
mhh i ask me again what a discussion like wich server is the best should be here in that thread. what are well servers say the statistic from kaori and ill think all here are in the possible to understand a picture (look one time on the users zentaur have) im ever happy that i have same users like sting and that all the time ( he have much more knowledge as me)

so to get ontopic:
he ask if he should make hims server new and i say NO not cause i be scared of any competition cause it isnt it worth to react cause all ppl moarning. Ice m8 its ur server its ur world create it like u wanna have it. i can tell u what is more than wrong at start as server owner to build it for the ppl. if u ever think about what all ppl wanna have u will close it faster if u can self believe it. why is it like that is also easy cause there will ever be one that say i dont like it change it ! but if u change the next 2 ppl come and say change it. that makes no sense. i build my server for me i set my ideas in and i create it like i wanna have it and i feel fine. i had a time i was thinking about do i do thinks well for my users or not but that brings only trouble with it self.so i stop thinking about and it works better. ppl that like ur server will play if they dont like it let them. so longer ur server is existing u will see if it was a good work or not. but u didnt see it after 1 month or two. if u have it 1 year online and u are proud of what u did than u have a well server and can be proud. unimportend how much ppl are on it

lg

ameno

Orionstorm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 9, 2007
amen skip some lines sometimes got i get bored after reading 2 sentences.

tbh ice if u want to wipe icecapital, or make new server.

make a new lomcn account aswell, co if u do it with same account ppl will not even bother playin it.

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
lol yeah i know my english is often hard to read :P i have the same prob in my mother language... i write and write and write *lol sry

SykoWizard

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2004
just got off icecapital started as tao

skelle-shin spell does nothing
jin is useless
if your initial pet dies there not really much point playing.

screenshots on your ad dont seem to be for your server (main town is phantom not binchon)

:(

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
lol yeah i know my english is often hard to read :P i have the same prob in my mother language... i write and write and write *lol sry

Its not to difficult to understand you Amen, i struggle more to understand someone like purekill and his main language is English lol, just when you type yes you type alot but all in a block, never use line spaces(paragraphs) all typed together.

Just try splitting it up like this makes it nicer to read :P

ShakeNBake

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2007
Phantom forrest afk..
just got off icecapital started as tao

skelle-shin spell does nothing
jin is useless
if your initial pet dies there not really much point playing.

screenshots on your ad dont seem to be for your server (main town is phantom not binchon)

:(

agreed poor server for taos, and lag spike's put me right off.. amount off ppl i saw try the server then dissapeared speaks for its self.. shame like the other rereleased server of similar name better be4 wipe and offtime...