Does anyone have Woool spritesheets?

Join Discord

sunwave

LOMCN Rookie
Apr 17, 2024
I'm playing around with making a web based (HTML5+JS) version of Woool for fun.

I was able to rip the maps and a lot of other stuff from the "Legendary World" Chinese Android APK. Unfortunately, in the APK I couldn't find the player base, gear, and monster spritesheets (I think some of the PNG assets are encrypted - maybe we can decrypt them?).

I also found in some of the crappy Chinese auto-play web-based versions of Woool you can rip the spritesheets by grabbing them from the Network tab in Chrome DevTools. However, this process is slow, and you can only get the assets that have been loaded into the game (not all of them at once like when ripping the APK client).

Does anyone here have spritesheets of the characters, monsters, weapons, gear, etc.? I'm looking for spritesheets like the example I have attached (ripped from a Chinese auto-play web Woool).

Attachments

• spritesheet.png
    spritesheet.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 21

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
You can probably find and buy them on TaoBao I would assume

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I just checked out TaoBao and you might be correct. Now I just need to figure out how to make an account lol.
If you download the mobile app you can use an English phone number to create an account. You can then use that account on your pc and purchase bits.

sunwave

LOMCN Rookie
Apr 17, 2024
If you download the mobile app you can use an English phone number to create an account. You can then use that account on your pc and purchase bits.
Yeah, I have been trying that. But I must have messed something up and now they want to scan my face to verify my identity and it's not working. 😣
Post automatically merged:

Update: I used a new phone number and thankfully was able to make an account. I'll report back if I can acquire some assets!
Post automatically merged:

Haven't had much luck yet on TaoBao. I bought one standalone PC version but that is basically just the same client that you get from the retail game with the .sgl files (not PNG spritesheets).

Then I also accidentally bought a mobile Woool server, which wasn't much help at all.

Next I'm going to try to get a standalone mobile version.

Last edited: