email accounts

daniejam

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
i have bought webspace and came with unlimited emails

so i thought i wud offer any 1 on my server who wants 1 can let them have 1

however i dont know how to set it up so that they can create the email account themselves without me giving them access to all admin features

any help would be appreciated

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
you mean like

http://ragemail.ragezone.com ?

Well that will cost you allllllot of money .. also some hosts wont allow you to give away free services as they may not allow crontabs, given its an automated system which requires allot of involvement its not the easyest thing to do:agree:

Last edited:

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
unlimited email usually means unlimited number of accounts but the email storage/quota is based on your web space.

in your case I would probably give them out 1 by 1 instead of letting people register themselves. you only give to those you trust... because somebody can register and spam the world, then your account gets closed...

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
daniejam said:
dunno were u come from but 100 quid aint ALOOOTTTT OF money
given your website is new, im asuming you dont know the fundimentals very well and also saying 100 quid aint allot, with a new website its a hell of allot......

then again, you have to learn from your own mistakes.. so gl

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
MentaL... when i brought my webspace it sounds similar to this guys here but mine came with hivemail that just the front end? e.g. webmail?

Whys this in mir chat lol?

Sco

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 14, 2003
wut?
If you wish to create POP3 accounts, you need to find what Control Panel you are using.

For example if your using Cpanel you login to http://yourwebsite.com/cpanel then click Mail. Add account. And you choose how much space to give your friend.

Oh yeah, good point Xander. Why's this in MirChat.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Well, it seemed like it was in the wrong location, but i wasn't sure where to put it either lol, well this sure is a more suitable place.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
webmail and hive mail are two different things, but most people on this forum (no offence) dont know much about web development much.........

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
I know that much lol...

hivemail also offer a webmail service? i know Novell do, as i use Novell web client for work
the free email register package does look useful though