error message spams me when i try and run 2.3 exe

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
access violation at adress "00007950" in module "mir2.exe" read of adress "00000567"

(numbers are made up as each message has different numbers)

these messages spam my computer for about 15 seconds when i click mir2.exe and mir doesn't launch

(im using fully patched mir 2.3 files, and tried both the ragezone and pongo mir2.exe)

any help on a fix for this please?

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
look in !setup and add client names to the list insert your exes into the m2server folder making sure that all 3 are named the same as the !setup.txt then insert all your exes into mir folder and then try using them..

maybe your m2server is trying to read a wrongly named exe.

Pyros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 16, 2003
Any more responses to this? I'm getting the same problem on 1 of my pc's, the other 2 in my house work fine, I'm sure this one used to too. The problem isn't just with mir2.exe's I've compiled, it seems to be all dm2 ones (e.g. I just downloaded the oriando mir2.exe and get the same problem). Some sort of conflict with a program I have running maybe?

edit: I've found solution for this on my pc incase anyone is in a similar situation. For me it turned out to be a soundcard problem, I didn't have mine enabled/installed and after doing that the game loads fine. Was very annoying at first though and hope this helps someone.

Last edited: