Eve online Private Servers

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Doesn't this kind of defeat the point of EVE a little?

How do the private servers work, do they take half the systems out or something?

HEALER10

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2008
Doesn't this kind of defeat the point of EVE a little?

How do the private servers work, do they take half the systems out or something?

umm i actually dont knw how they do it.

but i will research a little further and find out just for you lol

mapadale

Unless they are using a 12 server cluster minimum for the private Eve server to work, then its not going to be the best Eve server running.

I think the official is somthing like 24 servers, each world is based on its own cluster. But looking from this site and if they are expecting to pull number in for the game itself, then I have to say these guys are kidding themselves if they are thinking they can run an Eve server.

TEST SERVER:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 2x 1.9 Ghz
Architecture: 64 bits
RAM: 2 GB DDR 2
Connection: 100mb/s

They say they have had this running for some time, but from looking deep enough. I actually see no reference to an actual live server or any proof that the server has been live at all and as for the test server, those specs for Eve unfortuantly are a joke in itself. Anyone who has actually palyed this game and knows this game inside out, would tell you straight out. That trying to Emu an Eve server is going to cost some serious money and a hell of a lot of time an patience, a single server is not going to work for this at all and trust me on this.

7,500 star systems is all I need to say where Eve is concerned....

Nice try at plugging something that isn't and is near on impossible without some serious money to develop it.

Last edited:

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
The whole point of EVE is the fact that everybody plays on one huge shard due to the politics and large strategies involved.

I guess it would be possible to host a cut down version, limited to a few constellations but it would be boring as hell.

mapadale

The whole point of EVE is the fact that everybody plays on one huge shard due to the politics and large strategies involved.

I guess it would be possible to host a cut down version, limited to a few constellations but it would be boring as hell.
It would be like running a Mir server with one town and only the caves from that one town.

nicofortune

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
i've played eve myself its an amazing game but i agree with mapadale i dont think this private eve server will get far at all a private server will never stand a chance against the official eve servers as i know cause i looked into this myself years ago and i came to the conclusion that you would benefit more paying to play the offical servers which aint much to be honest and their servers always work smooth i've never had any lagg on them and they are constantly being maintained and updated so unfortunately this private server will fail in my opinion as the official eve online servers can handle up to 25,000 players at anyone time and sometimes more which is making it one of the most successful online games and one of the biggest server networks in the world which it has 1 hour downtime daily for maintenance and updates so i would always pay for a account i dont think that you would ever find a private server that would be as good as the real eve online

Last edited:

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
The only benefit is that it possibly attracts new players that don't know the game and they then move on to the official servers.
Maybe.

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
Unless they are using a 12 server cluster minimum for the private Eve server to work, then its not going to be the best Eve server running.

I think the official is somthing like 24 servers, each world is based on its own cluster. But looking from this site and if they are expecting to pull number in for the game itself, then I have to say these guys are kidding themselves if they are thinking they can run an Eve server.

Official EVE use more then 200 Server, its a Info from a Admin from Eve.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Yeh your right I didn't see that.

They still need to fix the lag though, they messed it up pretty badly in the last expansion.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
I haven't paid for EVE for over a year due to the fact you can use in game money to pay for the subscription.

There's no way around it for newer players though and you won't find any private servers.

HEALER10

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2008
ok, new Development Site has been posted its been up for a good few months

http://evemu.org/ < - - - pretty straight forward the staff so far are even taking the time to get people who have no experience in C++ to get involved in learning.

bear with me while i Explain the Progress so far,

there is a EVEmu Server Build, that is functioning. its got flying ships. and loads of back ground work done.

but like all projects in PRE - ALpha. the functions so far are basic.

HEALER10

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2008
It won't cause as pointed out, it's impossible to emulate a Eve P/Server.

i love to laugh at the people who say something is impossible. because really they just cant be arsed trying. i have been an active member of the EVE project for a while now. and although very much still in alpha, there are private servers up and running for testing i have played and taken part in alot of testing with multiple people up to 30 infact and there has been minimal if any lag.

the only real let down at the moment is the module manager. (Guns and modules do not work atm as there is a module manager rebuild happening to make it more Effiecent)

so you pesemists out there take your fingers out of your ears and and remove your thumbs from your arses.

if you think its possible then it most likely is.

p.s this is not Directed at mapadale, just pesemists in general :)

PPS. the only reason why eve has 12 cluster servers is because of the amount of people logged on at the same time i have seen up to and beyond 45,000 even if i recal correctly 68,000 people online on one saturday last winter.

Last edited:

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
i never understood eve, seemed very boring to me, even the pvp happens 12,000 miles away, ur effectivly fireeing at a red dot on ur radar.