.exe file needed

Join Discord

gargus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 7, 2004
"if the official interface doesnt work, then its your exe. not the interface."
that's what Farphit said. so the problem with wrong client version has something to do with .exe not with gameinter files right ? but what .exe file should i change? mir3.exe ? or holleymir3.exe ? and where to get it from then ? client i'm useing is latest euro 3g client with holley 3.55 from milo's release...is there any other .exe which could solve that problem ? thank you in advance

wanabee

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 10, 2004
newbury
"if the official interface doesnt work, then its your exe. not the interface."
that's what Farphit said. so the problem with wrong client version has something to do with .exe not with gameinter files right ? but what .exe file should i change? mir3.exe ? or holleymir3.exe ? and where to get it from then ? client i'm useing is latest euro 3g client with holley 3.55 from milo's release...is there any other .exe which could solve that problem ? thank you in advance

im haveing same issue but have semi sorted it lol got the exe from koari's site and used the cin and can now gte in game but can only do some gm funcrions have changed bits in the cruel ini but i seem to be told on most of the threads its the exe etc etc but cant locate which exe.

Upvote 0

gargus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 7, 2004
i wonder how do ppl start their servers ? i did excatly everything that milo said in his thread... maybe some1 could post an .exe ?

Upvote 0

wanabee

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 10, 2004
newbury
The exe comes with the files doesn't it?!?

yea their is a chinese one with the files that i downloaded from milo thread with crueldrag server files. but i think both myself and thread starter wont an english client that will runn with these files.

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
You just need to edit the Holley.Lng1 and Holley.Lng2 to change it into English. Or just as easy, download someone elses :D I know of 2 servers that supply those 2 files in English, although alot of players have just edited their own.

Upvote 0

wanabee

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 10, 2004
newbury
You just need to edit the Holley.Lng1 and Holley.Lng2 to change it into English. Or just as easy, download someone elses :D I know of 2 servers that supply those 2 files in English, although alot of players have just edited their own.

could you point us in the right direction for the tools needed to change the holley.lng files plz as i have no idear what to use to change them this is my 1st attempt at making a m3 server it runns i just think its wrong client issue and the thread starter would benifit from info aswell

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gargus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 7, 2004
well i don't really care whether its in chinese or english, i just want my server to run properly. do you think that error appears because of language in holley.lng files ?

edit: msg me m8. i added you to msn. my msn [email protected]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
The english or chinese part will not fix your wrong client version. I was just responding to wanabee's statement regarding an English client.

If you are using all the files located in the 3.68 client folder and it still says wrong client version, I would have look at the possibility you have edited the client version in the CruelDragon.ini.

There are 2 settings,

A) Client Version
B) Check for Client Version

I have no idea if they work, but I remember seeing them so maybe this is the reason its not working. I do not know which settings they are but there is a thread on here regarding the crueldragon.ini with these things highlighted. What I would suggest is looking that the ini and ensuring that it doesn't check for Client Version. (2nd setting as a 0).

After that, I am stuck for you sorry.

/Mick

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
could you point us in the right direction for the tools needed to change the holley.lng files plz as i have no idear what to use to change them this is my 1st attempt at making a m3 server it runns i just think its wrong client issue and the thread starter would benifit from info aswell

Just edit them with any text editor, try to look at each string shown on the chinese loader and then change that string in the Holley.lng files. I have working ones but they are from DarkSide and Xtreme so I cannot post them sorry, that would have to be up to them.

Upvote 0

Shaneypoo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 24, 2006
im haveing same issue but have semi sorted it lol got the exe from koari's site and used the cin and can now gte in game but can only do some gm funcrions have changed bits in the cruel ini but i seem to be told on most of the threads its the exe etc etc but cant locate which exe.
if you cant use gm commands change your strres.txt and whether most things on the server is english or chinese is in the CMList.dat in the client. i suggest you get a original CD.ini cuz that would mess it up>< the only thing you should really change in it is the MagicSkill= bit...

Upvote 0

wanabee

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 10, 2004
newbury
if you cant use gm commands change your strres.txt and whether most things on the server is english or chinese is in the CMList.dat in the client. i suggest you get a original CD.ini cuz that would mess it up>< the only thing you should really change in it is the MagicSkill= bit...

yea can use the gm functions now by changeing the stress files.
but now getting wrong client version wne i buy horse so guessing wrong client still any idears

Upvote 0