[CD3.55] Experiment: packet logging

smoochy boys on tour

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
Hi,

I wanted to do an experiment, by logging packets sent by the server to my client. I've managed to sniff the packets with a 3rd party tool (SocketSniffer), but the messages are encoded.

I've found a very old post here talking about this (http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?44227-Mir3-Encryption), can anyone tell me if this remains true?

By the way, if you could explain it again, lowering the level, I would appreciate it, I'm not much into networking programming :/.

Thank you!!

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Hi,

I wanted to do an experiment, by logging packets sent by the server to my client. I've managed to sniff the packets with a 3rd party tool (SocketSniffer), but the messages are encoded.

I've found a very old post here talking about this (http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?44227-Mir3-Encryption), can anyone tell me if this remains true?

By the way, if you could explain it again, lowering the level, I would appreciate it, I'm not much into networking programming :/.

Thank you!!
What is it your trying to do?

You might be better off using a program such as wireshark, for checking your network traffic. You can be specific to what ports you want it to listen on, it's also not encrypted so should be easy enough to look through it and find what you're looking for.

WireShark

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
What is it your trying to do?

You might be better off using a program such as wireshark, for checking your network traffic. You can be specific to what ports you want it to listen on, it's also not encrypted so should be easy enough to look through it and find what you're looking for.

WireShark

Well, in the end I wanted to write a program sniffing the communication, looking for a specific command. That's why I need to decode the Mir3 protocol: to identify such packet and record the data sent with it.

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Wireshark is perfect for that, as it records everything. So you should be able to pick up what your looking for, I assume you're looking at stop specific cheat programs?

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Sounds more like the opposite.

Also. Wireshark won't get around the encryption. You either need access to the source or start learning how to crack encryptions :/

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
Well, wireshark would fit my needs if I wanted to manually check the messages.

What I want is to build is an automatic tool which decodes each packet at the moment, checks its type and does something if it's the one I'm interested in.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
You want to build a bot stop dressing it up lol

Like jest0r says you need to find out the packet structure/encryption before you can think about doing anything. No program you will find will do that for you

Last edited:

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
Like jest0r says you need to find out the packet structure/encryption before you can think about doing anything. No program you will find will do that for you

Of course. That's what I'm asking. If I somehow manage to log the packets, does anybody here know how to decode them?

Sorry for the mess :P