Freezing after Login

smoochy boys on tour

Dazz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 12, 2008
After I login, it goes to the Mir2 screen before the character selection and before the dragons fly in it just freezes on that screen.

Running 2.3 server files, no errors in gates or anything, don't know why its happening, any help.

/Daz

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
I cant remember if i had this problem and it was due to running *GameGate* when your meant to run *RunGate* ?

Upvote 0

Chris22

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
Its unlikely that you dont have any errors if the gate isnt opening, perhaps a screenshot of your applications might shed some light ?

The only other possibility is that your trying to run it online and some ip isnt correct somewere...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dazz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 12, 2008
I know what an error looks like, gates are fine i've set up servers countless times just aint working atm lol..

i've just changed all ips back to 127.0.0.1 and worked so gotta be ip problem -

anyone got a 100% valid guide/idea of what ips to use for online, cos i've had people saying use 192.168..... for all of them, and soem people tell me you need your global IP in there.

/Daz

Upvote 0

Chris22

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
If you follow the ip setup guide you will be fine, ive had the problem a few times before, its just a case of going over your ips to make sure there all correct, ive missed the setup! file in m2server loads of times with them being at the bottom :001_unsure:

Yes you need both your internal and external ip address, external can be found on whatsmyip.com, and you can get your internal by using ipconfig on cmd prompt :)

Upvote 0

Dazz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 12, 2008
Lol well i guess I did miss an IP and I aint using the external one at all and its working..

/Daz

Upvote 0

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Lol well i guess I did miss an IP and I aint using the external one at all and its working..

/Daz

If you aint using an external ip at all then nonone outside your network will be able to connect...

The problem may of been if your on wireless your internal ip may of changed and the ports wern't forwarded for that ip?

Upvote 0