Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A1630 problem

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
Now myself and Milo know alot about computers but this has us stumped

Am looking for a little advice plus help

My Amilo A1630 display keeps freezing and fading to white at random times while in use (can happen while playing games or while using the internet or even while she is on desktop doing nothing)
After this happens the screen will not come back to life for about 30 mins (system is off for 30+ mins before anything is seen on the screen again)

All beeps and everything seems are normal and it all sounds fine just nothing on screen

Now I have sent the system back for repair and they replaced the motherboard and CPU (this was 3 weeks ago) system is 6 months old

System came back and all was fine but the same thing has started to happen again

all graphics drivers are upto date
system is not over heating
its just an odd error

Just wondering if anyone has come accross this before
or if anyone may know what the cause may be

I am at the stage where I am thinking of getting my money back

thanks in advance
BH

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Just done a little bit of research and people reported the same problem as you and said it was down to the thermal paste being crappy, causing overheating :S I know you say it isn't overheating but maybe try and replace the thermal paste with a better one than the current one. But then again, that would void your warranty :S Look on Google for forums or something and see what others did to fix this problem :)

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
Will not be opening her up (void the warranty and all that)

The thermal paste is looking like its the cause of it
its an onboard VC so that was replaced when the motherboard and CPU where replaced 3 weeks ago

The system will not even turn on now I get the bios beep but the HDD fails to turn on (no 2nd beep) so ringing them again now to take her away again for another repair

Its a great system but at this stage i just want the data off the HDD

BH

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
same sort of thing happend to my amilo d7850

the screen went funny some times, onto of that i had power pack problems (the conector did not seat properly into the socket so sometimes the power would cut out)

i think that they system overheated in the end and one day it turn off never to turn back on. if it is a heat problem, www.overclockers.co.uk sell a laptop attatchment that cools the underside of the laptop, might be worth a look