Gate won't open after login

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
Okay, done a search, but all I found was a cry of help from Diav which returned no successful result.

Basically, everything loads up perfectly fine - IPs are definetely all correct, gate 0 opens fine (only problem with 1 NPC - Bill), Captions (Apathy) are all correct, can make an accoutn fine. But when I try to login I can't get to the character select screeen 'cause the gates refuse to open :/

This is extremely annoying as I can't release any of my work if I haven't tested it - so it's a complete waste of time me making maps for the general public if they haven't even been seen used in game by their creator. I have about 6 maps I want to finish but I can't touch them at the moment because of this stupid bug. Any help will be greatly appreciated (PS: I'm using Geoff's latest files).

Cheers,

Slan

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
Look in your c:\mirserver fiels to see if all the names are 'Apathy' in all the files they need to be. Either that or check your spelling?

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
Okay, I foudn that I hadn't labelled one of my captions in dbsrc.ini to the server name, but now gate 0 won't open... I'm trying the fixes now.

thephoenix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2004
Wales, UK
Gates wont open on M2server or in the actual game? If game check your ftp.ini files and check it's all correct, say your server was called TestTest and you put testtest it won't open the gates.

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
Gates won't open ingame still... All captions are now 100% checked right... IPs have been redone for the 27th time...

Must ask (I know it soudns stupid question), on the client, it says connection closed if I set all the IPs in the client folder to my global ip address, but it seems to work (up until login gates) with my IPs all set to 127.0.0.1... Is that right?

Here's my M2server info:

Code:
Ready to load ini file..
!setup.txt loaded..
Loading client version information..
Ok.
Loading StdItem.DB...
StdItem.DB loaded.
Loading MiniMap.txt...
MiniMap information loaded.
Loading MapFiles...
Mapfile loaded.
Loading Monster.DB...
Monster.DB loaded.
Loading Magic.DB...
Magic.DB loaded.
Loading MonGen.txt...
MonGen.txt loaded.
Loading UnbindList.txt...
UnbindList information loaded.
Loading MapQuest.txt...
MapQuest information loaded.
Loading QuestDiary\*.txt...
QuestDiary information loaded.
!Abuse.txt loaded..
Notice\LineNotice.txt loaded..
AdminList loaded..
GuildList loaded..
Castle initialized..
IDSoc Initialized..
GlobalEnvir loaded..
MakeStoneMines...
Merchant loaded...
Npc loaded..
MakeItem loaded..
StartPoints loaded..
F-Engine resumed..
U-Engine initialized..
ADMIN ¶ÁÈ¡³ö´í.
¶ÁÈ¡1¸öÐлáÇ鱨.
Merchant Initalize fail... Bill
Gate 0 Opened..

Danny-B-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 16, 2004
Make sure yer firewall isnt on (XP firewall or other) as i coouldnt get mine to run, and still cant even though i had forwarded all the proper ports. Only by disabling my firewall it works.

Make sure you got the correct exe file, youll find the correct one in Mir200 folder but its called mir.dat copy it to somewhere then rename it mir.exe and copy it to the game Dir.

Other than that the IP and/or server name is causing probs.

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
Whats wrogn with that, thats what mine says and I can play...

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
Firewall's already disabled, adminlist.txt is correct (only has names of my 2 GM chars), and renaming mir.dat to mir.exe in my client directory makes no difference :X

Bugz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 27, 2004
thephoenix said:
Try A Server Starter, it changes IP's for you, that could solve your problem, if not, i'm not to sure.

http://www.asga73.dsl.pipex.com/LOM DOWNLOADS/ServerStarter.zip

I don't suggest a server starter. I would expect that Slanish would have no problem doing ip's etc.

Maybe as a last resort check Bill out or delete him completely from the server files. Npcs can be a right bugger sometimes (some causes my server to crash instantly ¬¬)

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
I know the IPs are definetely correct as I've had friends check them over and confirm both them and the names/captions are all correct. Tried removing Bill before (making sure I backed up my files) but to no prevail :X

I seem to get this problem every time, as the same thing happened with an older set of server files I had... Think it's my router or something? (the firewall's disabled, I'm sure of that as well).

Bugz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 27, 2004
Slanesh said:
I know the IPs are definetely correct as I've had friends check them over and confirm both them and the names/captions are all correct. Tried removing Bill before (making sure I backed up my files) but to no prevail :X

I seem to get this problem every time, as the same thing happened with an older set of server files I had... Think it's my router or something? (the firewall's disabled, I'm sure of that as well).

Try a different set of server files - alphafrozen or whatever.

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
Aye, was considerring doing so. Only problem is that I don't see why it won't work for me but other people can host em fine :X Guess it's jsut sod's law....

[Shadow]

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Oct 1, 2004
Counter Strike
Slanesh said:
Okay, done a search, but all I found was a cry of help from Diav which returned no successful result.

Basically, everything loads up perfectly fine - IPs are definetely all correct, gate 0 opens fine (only problem with 1 NPC - Bill), Captions (Apathy) are all correct, can make an accoutn fine. But when I try to login I can't get to the character select screeen 'cause the gates refuse to open :/

This is extremely annoying as I can't release any of my work if I haven't tested it - so it's a complete waste of time me making maps for the general public if they haven't even been seen used in game by their creator. I have about 6 maps I want to finish but I can't touch them at the moment because of this stupid bug. Any help will be greatly appreciated (PS: I'm using Geoff's latest files).

Cheers,

Slan
add me to msn m8 ill sort this for you im quite good with fixing buggs

Tass

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
Exact same issue is what i have, any advances on whats been said at all?

Im using (local) system so IP is always 127.0.0.1

Ive checked all names, IPs all seems well,

Just keeps getting stuck

P.S i dont know if my selchr.exe is running as it doesnt show up on any of the other server boxes. Would it usualy appear?

Cheers