Grade boundaries?

BountieHunter

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2003
London
I know some of you here done their GCSE's last year, i dont know if you remember but if you done Maths Edexcel paper what were the boundaries for higher teer paper? And what do you think they will be this year?

In 2004 was like this -
C - 22%
A- 45%

Im not sure in 2005, but some people said you needed to score 90% to gain a A. Now this year, the 1st test was extremely hard im a noob at maths so oviosly it was but even the level 7-8 students found it hard (a*). The 2nd test was pretty easy, solving simple equasions. So what would the mark me? My teacher at 1st told me i need 2 gain 25% to get a C but after i finished she told me i need a 40%... O_o.

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Well i don't think i did the same test as you - i did the Edexcel IGCSE maths paper (our school changed to it because there wasn't any course work), and if its the same paper then the boundaries won't be that low.

As far as i know from almost every board the A* boundary is about 70-80% A about 60-70% B about 50-60% and C about 40-50%.

If you can't get 50% on a maths paper than there really is something wrong lol.

/Miles

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
Stop making these topics.

Thanks.

Plus I told you on MSN I didn't find it hard, and I got level 8.

And I told you the boundaries were:

25% = C
45% = B
65% = A
85% = A*

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
changes every year, when i took it i think it was about 90% for an A, think i got 98%.

BountieHunter

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2003
London
-Bugzy- said:
I oould never tell your roughly that age Bounty. Your replies are so pre-puberty

:bbcguy: :bounce: :eek:

And paul only reason i keep making them is because every night i remind myself of them and i say that i will fail. Now my parents told me i will become a loser in life if i fail and i will become a ****y builder and live **** life and die. Your smart so you got nowt 2 fear >.>

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
-Bugzy- said:
GCSEs are worth close to sweet **** all in this world.

yeah thats v true, GCSE's are only used to get u into college, then they become useless.

its A-levels and degrees you want to worry about.

BountieHunter

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2003
London
Farphit said:
yeah thats v true, GCSE's are only used to get u into college, then they become useless.

its A-levels and degrees you want to worry about.

yes but if i dont get my gcse's in the 1st place i cant get into collage.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
you have to be really stupid not to pass your gcses. the hype the teachers give gcses is stupid, and dont go by the mock tests, as the mocks are about 3 times as hard as the real thing.

i needed 5 C's and above to get into my college. came out with 12 A*'s, A's, and B's. and im not that bright tbh.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
-Bugzy- said:
GCSEs are worth close to sweet **** all in this world.

Dont be so sure, most employers for any decent job will look for GCSE A-C in Maths and English.