Help Help with opening files

Xzanidu

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 20, 2019
Hi all im a long time mir player . but im just starting to get going with messing on a local server for fun and to learn a bit more about the internals of the game . i have noticed that in game all my shields are the same image ie wooden shield. i have been told that i can get a program which will open up certain files where i can see all the items in game as images and get the correct image/shape number for them to put into the db atm all shields are shape 0 in the db. Does anyone have a link to which or what program i can use to do this please ? or even better can anyone post the correct shape numbers for the shields.

thx .

Damian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
You can use the library editor to view the images. The server has an item editor which you can then use to change the shield to the correct values.

Upvote 0

Xzanidu

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 20, 2019
You can use the library editor to view the images. The server has an item editor which you can then use to change the shield to the correct values.
hi ty im but im a complete noob at this . so ive gone into my souce code folder then into my mir3 zircon master folder . ive found the folder libary editor but im stuck there how to i actually see or find the right shape number for the right shields so i can add that number to the DB .

Upvote 0

stom2022

LOMCN Member
Apr 20, 2022
hi ty im but im a complete noob at this . so ive gone into my souce code folder then into my mir3 zircon master folder . ive found the folder libary editor but im stuck there how to i actually see or find the right shape number for the right shields so i can add that number to the DB .
Go into the library folder folder and then there should be a folder called bin then either debug or release

Upvote 0

Xzanidu

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 20, 2019
Go into the library folder folder and then there should be a folder called bin then either debug or release
yes there is a folder called bin and in there another called debug but it is completely empty. really noobie question but am i ment to be looking at this through visual studios ? or can i do it straight from the folders on my desktop.

im asking beacuse for some reason my visual studio keeps putting this error up .

1708079532612.png

as you can see it sais on the version No 23.2 but on my folders on the right all dependancies say the following 22.2.3 so im a bit stuck not sure whats going on .

1708079708236.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Xzanidu

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 20, 2019
u don't have dev express installed
download devexpress free trial https://www.devexpress.com/support/demos/
i do . and ive just reinstalled with your link still getting same issue >< will completly uninstall and try again.
Post automatically merged:

ok reinstalled . just checking settings for nuget are these all right please ?

1708085537716.png
1708085570532.png
1708085707585.png

if thats all correct then i have no idea as im still getting those errors when trying to build solution

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Xzanidu

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 20, 2019
Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Yes my second sentence explained what you need to do.

If you dont see the packages listed in NuGet, try changing your package source top right.

Upvote 0

Xzanidu

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 20, 2019
think ive got somewhere as everything now sais the same version . however still getting some errors

1708090984607.png

1708091041783.png

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
the top error you need to find the file, right click and go to properties - then unblock it.

the other errors your path must still be wrong. follow my guide and point the source to your correct installation path.

Also delete your other package sources which point to devExpress - you only need one pointing to your package folder

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Xzanidu

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 20, 2019
the top error you need to find the file, right click and go to properties - then unblock it.

the other errors your path must still be wrong. follow my guide and point the source to your correct installation path.

Also delete your other package sources which point to devExpress - you only need one pointing to your package folder
found top one pressed properties dont see an option to unblock ><

Upvote 0

Xzanidu

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 20, 2019
give up ive had 2 other ppl who have it working look at it . and there is no reason what so ever it shouldent work >< my pc just hates me .

ill just stick to db stuff and find someone else who can do the code changes for me . would of been nice to learn it but damm my pc it dont like visual studio i guess ><

On another note quickly . anyone know how to find the shape No for an item. not the image No the shape No so it looks like the right image in game . currently all my shields are shape 0 for some reason and in game running around all shields look like wooden shields ><

Upvote 0