How do you edit this wiki

smoochy boys on tour

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
First off, is this called wiki because it has something to do with the official wiki pages out there (so the info on them is hosted on some official wiki servers or just on our LOMCN hosting place), or is the 'wiki' name used because pple know what it means but it has nothing to do with wikipedias?

Second, how the hell do you add something to it. I don't mean editing existing pages, I see the button 'Edit' but adding new ones How do you do it?

Third, I have a whole bunch of pages (in html format with index.html file) that could be on this wiki but are not. Can that be put on there by some import or what? Or does the content have to be transferred in painfully (read manually), image by image & text typed in?
I suppose and hope that editing wiki pages is done on WYSIWYG layer, I can't write html code and really CBA.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
You can create any page by either linking to it somewhere, so in theory, if on the Maps wiki you wanted to add a new dungeon, you add [[New Dungeon]] dave, then click the link it'll ask if you want to create the page.

Mediawiki has very limited html, maybe a html > Mediawiki converter site around such as;

Unsure how good these are, might be easier to create it by copying and pasting, if you send me a html file, happy to do one for you as an example :)

There if you come across a protected page, and want to add something, just let me know. :)

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I drop my index.html on Alldocs converter and get back index.txt file in which it says "Your browser does not handle frames! This feature is needed to view this WebHelp manual."

Same with this Vertopal site, their downloaded conversion is not easy to open in anything but if you guide it to IExplorer, you see the same line about not handling frames message as above.

I have this index.html with a bunch of linked pages from it and folders containing images for the pages. When they tell you to drop your index.html file on their webpage, they don't have all those pages and folders... but surely
1715477910243.png

LOL I opened that index.html in notepad and indeed, there is that line about not handling frames

HTML:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title>Mir_3D_Eternal_Guide_v1.2.1</title>
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
    function DoOnLoad()
    {
    }
    function DoOnMainLoad()
    {
      var param = location.hash;
      if (param.length != 0)
        window.document.getElementById("right").src = param.substring(1);
    }
</script>
</head>
  <frameset cols="25%,*" framespacing="1">
    <frame name="left" id="left" src="toc.html" frameborder="0">
    <frame name="right" id="right" src="mnk_1_23.htm" frameborder="0" onload="DoOnLoad()">
    <noframes>
      Your browser does not handle frames! This feature is needed to view this WebHelp manual.
    </noframes>
  </frameset>
</html>

Not sure how this code actually links to open all those pages in the image below but it does in my two browsers, no complaints about some 'not able to handle frames'

1715478500598.png
Post automatically merged:

I see now that wiki has some higher level code but it is not wysiwyg where you drop image in, drag it to where you want it, write text and drag it to another position... but even that would be too much labor.

The whole idea about wiki pages came from this post by CraZyEriK where he posted links to the official guide. But all of that is in the mir3d guide I uploaded here last spring. And it is with translation and original Chinese names. In effect, that guide is a 'wiki', it just is not on wiki here.

I uploaded that guide in exe format but I could send it to you in html format and you or Jev could figure out some easy way to put it on wiki (maybe not all of it since some of it is now outdated).

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
That is the problem now. When I exported to html just the items section, it made toc.html with those links you see in the above image, this one
1715481214373.png

But exporting now the whole guide to html fails to generate the toc.html, well, it makes it but is empty as you see here, so it is unusable. Could be a bug in the program I use to export from, it only generates this file properly when you export just one section.
1715481168548.png

Otherwise the TOC should be like this
1715481938581.png

Last edited:

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Upload it to web space? If you can? Or where was it ripped from? There nothing at all in toc? That’s was it was trying to load it seemed lol

Jev

LOMCN VIP
VIP
May 16, 2017
Job Centre Plus
Oooo that is this will for HC or MS ? Would be an awesome addition and depending on file format could allow us to add it very quickly

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
First off, is this called wiki because it has something to do with the official wiki pages out there (so the info on them is hosted on some official wiki servers or just on our LOMCN hosting place), or is the 'wiki' name used because pple know what it means but it has nothing to do with wikipedias?
Our wiki is based on Mediawiki which is the software that runs Wikipedia

Reactions: mir2pion